Scythe Fuma Rev.B CPU Cooler
The front of the Fuma Rev.B CPU cooler is stout. While not incredibly tall, there are forty-seven fins from top to bottom, and the width required to insert six evenly spaced heat pipes makes the Fuma Rev.B nearly as wide as it is tall.
From either side, the view is identical, where we see the pipes all-in-one line, centered in each of the fin stacks. Below the fins, we see the pipes make gently curved bends into the two-part base.
Changing the angle of perspective when it comes to the back of the cooler shows the alternating fin patterns. Every other fin is straight across its width, while the ones between them have a saw-tooth pattern to them. Along with the offset of all of the fins, the teeth will help to disrupt the airflow, helping to remove more heat.
Looking at the side of the cooler form this angle shows what is going on in this tower, is that the fins are installed 180-degrees around from the one above it, where all of the fins are identical, just twisted around. We can also see that this cooler has no front or back with the design, and all sides of the fin stacks have grooves to accept the wire fan clips.
We did have to remove the film from the top of the towers to take this picture, as we wanted to make sure to give a view of the polished top fins. We can also see the heat pipes are spaced evenly on both stacks, and with multiple fans cooling this tower, their alignment is less of a hindrance.
The larger top section of the base is made of aluminum, machined to offer a few fins for cooling, but the center has been plowed out to accept the mounting hardware. Between it and the copper plate below, we can see that the heat pipes are surrounded, with signs of flux between the pipes and base components.
While each pipe is bent slightly different to make it from the base to the bottom of the fins, we see that each of the fins is pressed into place. There is no solder used here, just the direct contact of the fins is what will draw heat from the pipes.
The base is nearly polished to a mirror shine and has been plated with nickel after machining it. We used the protective sticker on the side to create a dark spot so that we could view the very fine marks left behind. The base does deviate slightly near the edges, but the convex shape helps to add pressure to the IHS for the best heat transfer.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Scythe Fuma Rev.B CPU Cooler retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Scythe Fuma Rev.B CPU Cooler retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Scythe Fuma Rev.B CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bad Habit release new trailer for Switch title Marble It Up!
- Keep calm as Dark Souls Remastered debuts to Nintendo Switch
- Android 17 officially joins Dragon Ball FighterZ roster
- Battlerite Royale Early Access trailer released
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, official launch trailer released
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner