Here are key points about the ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac.
VRM Quality and Overclocking: To our surprise, ASRock implemented Intersil's brand new 60A Smart Power Stages, 76A inductors, and the new digital PWM. It's one of the strongest VRMs found on a mini-ITX Z370 motherboard, and it will overclock any 8th generation CPU to its maximum with ease. Memory overclocking was also very simple and easy.
Thunderbolt 3: I didn't expect to see ASRock provide Thunderbolt 3 in their Z370 mini-ITX motherboard, but alas I found it implemented. It's the low power type of Thunderbolt 3 controller, but it's still faster than USB 3.1.
Strong Wireless AC and Audio: ASRock finally switched back to Intel's 2x2 Wireless AC adapter that supports 867 Mbps, and that's great news because it's much faster than Intel's 1x1 422 Mbps controller. Many probably didn't expect ASRock to implement decent audio, but they did both IC-wise and in regards to output connectors. Many Mini-ITX motherboards don't include S/PDIF out, but this motherboard offers that and six audio jacks.
Three Fan Headers: I am used to seeing only a couple fan headers on mini-ITX motherboards, but I was happy to find three hybrid headers on the Z370-Gaming ITX/ac.
Could have had more M.2: It's not really a negative, but I would have like to see at least one more M.2 slot. I am unsure as to why ASRock decided not to add a few extra M.2 slots on the motherboard as there are many methods of adding more M.2 slots on mini-ITX boards.
The ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac is part of a long line of ASRock mini-ITX LGA1151 motherboards, and it fulfills its destiny in every conceivable manner. It's got all the latest features, it offers excellent overclocking capabilities, and it's relatively affordable. The nice part with this new mini-ITX motherboard is that ASRock decided to leave the red/black theme and go with a dark gray/black theme that many people have been asking for.
ASRock did try to add some RGB LEDs to the bottom of the backside of the PCB, and that illuminates the underside of the GPU a little bit, but it would have been cooler to see many more RGB LEDs all around the bottom of the PCB. I really enjoyed working with this Z370 motherboard, and if you are in the market for a very capable Z370 mini-ITX motherboard, give the Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac a look!
ASRock Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac offers a very strong feature set and excellent component quality at a very affordable price.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||92%|
The Bottom Line: ASRock's Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac offers a very strong feature set and excellent component quality for a Mini-ITX motherboard, and at a very affordable price.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Black Friday Sales: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe & More
- NVIDIA's new GeForce Game Ready 416.94 drivers released
- NVIDIA announces Quadro RTX 4000: Turing goes single-slot
- US rapper Soulja Boy announces his own... CONSOLE?!
- Overwatch update adds Ashe, balances everything else
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms