Accessories and Documentation
The first bits of hardware shown are the AMD head unit brackets shown on either side of the universal backplate. The backplate works with AMD and Intel with the various holes in the corners and has dense foam on each corner to isolate the plate from the motherboard.
In the bottom row, we have the screws that go through the backplate, none of which are keyed or in any way lock into the backplate, and to the right is the LGA2011(V3) screws. In the top row are the standoffs to space the head unit properly, the bracket mounting screws, and three paper washers to isolate the standoffs from the motherboard.
We were also sent a small tube of ID Cooling thermal paste, good for at least two attempts at mounting the Auraflow 240. We got two bags of fan screws, with four long and four short screws in each of the bags. We are also given a fan power splitter cable so that both fans are sent the same PWM signal from a single motherboard header.
ID Cooling includes an Aura Sync cable as well. This cable gets plugged into the 4-pin RGB light controller port of the motherboard, and then is separated into four leads on the other end, so that it can power both fans, the head unit, and can also have an LED strip connected as well.
If you do not have an Aura Sync motherboard, ID Cooling still has you covered, somewhat. If you still wish to have LED lighting on the fans and the head unit and do not have the necessary 4-pin header, they send a Molex power adapter. When this is used, only blue LEDs are offered, but at least there is light.
The fans chosen to cool the radiator is this pair of IS-12025M12S fans. They have rubber pads on the corners of the black frame, LEDs around the thin edge, and in the center are eleven blades made of clear plastic. These fans have a 4-pin PWM fan connection as well as 4-pin RGB connections which need to be made for full functionality.
The manual will help you to verify all of the parts you have are what you are supposed to get, and will guide you through the essential steps of mounting the Auraflow 240 to any system, case willing. The text offered is short and to the point, but the renderings do show you what may not be spelled out in print.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [ID Cooling Auraflow 240 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard North's Diablo III would've looked like Diablo II
- Remedy's Northlight engine being optimized for multiplayer
- Remedy making new game outside of P7
- Arc System Works and SWERY announce new title 'The Missing'
- Monster Hunter: World updated for Xbox One, patch 1.06
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit