ID Cooling Auraflow 240 CPU Cooler
The head unit is made of plastic on the outside, and it is also textured. In the center of the top plate, we see the ID logo surrounded by a ring of LED-backlit opaque plastic. Not the most stunning presentation, but it is compact and will stay clear of everything around it once installed.
On the right side of the head unit, we see it is where the fittings transfer fluid in and out of the head unit, through the angled fittings and sleeved tubing. These fittings also swivel, so no matter where the radiator is hung, these fittings should help relieve any stresses.
The top of the head unit is where the pair of leads come out of it for control and power. On the left side of the head unit, we see a sticker expressing caution not to remove the top cap, and another sticker over the fill port, where the QC team has passed this cooler.
The leads that come from the head unit are used to supply power to the head unit via the 3-pin fan connection, which is what powers the pump. As for the lighting, we see a male 4-pin LED connector, which works with other components to allow an ASUS motherboard to control the RGB lighting of it.
On the edges of the head unit, we can see that a pair of screws on either side are holding the preinstalled Intel hardware onto it. We can also see the sticker placed over the copper base, to keep it from being damaged or oxidizing before you get to use it.
Without the sticker blocking the view, we can now see the semi-circular machine marks left on the copper plate. We also put a straight edge against the plate, and found that it does not deviate near the edges; it is level across the entire thing.
For this image, we have the other end of the tape at the far end of the swivel fittings, and all told, there are just over twelve inches of sleeved tubing between the fittings and the radiator. We can also see that ID Cooling uses the standard 27mm thick radiator, but we can see some of the brushed aluminum plates that runs down either side of it too.
The brushed aluminum plate runs the entire length of the radiator, but the center of either side has the company name, logo, and motto all painted on it in white.
Looking through the radiator, we can see that this is a high FPI design. In fact, using the tape measure at a random point, we counted twenty-three fins per inch. This is why high static pressure fans are important to a cooler such as this.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [ID Cooling Auraflow 240 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new game service is like Game Pass
- Sekiro mod engine paves the way for expansive mods
- Sean Murray gives rare talk on No Man's Sky's triumphs, woes
- Digital PS4 game sales locked exclusively to PSN
- Enter the 'Spider-Verse' for our Spider-Man Blu-ray giveaway
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced