Overclocking With G.Skill 3800MHz SO-DIMMs
G.Skill sent over their special new SO-DIMM kit, which is rated for 3800MHz, comes in four sticks, and it works with the board as if they were made for each other. I also highly recommend the full cover monoblock from Bitspower if you are going to overclock an HCC CPU.
We have switched out the 7900X for the 7960X for the new 2nd wave of X299 motherboards, as the 7960X puts a lot more strain on the overclocking capabilities of the motherboard. We set VCCIN of 2.1v with VCore of 1.195v, set LLC to mode 2, XMP to enable, and then we just save and exit. The motherboard overclocks the SO-DIMMs with such ease; it is almost as if the two are made for each other.
We will have a Mini-ITX build and overclocking guide in the next few weeks, just using this motherboard and RAM kit and explaining how to get everything going, so stay tuned for more!
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock X299E-ITX/ac Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASRock X299E-ITX/ac Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299E-ITX/ac Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X299E-ITX/ac Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X299E-ITX/ac Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking With G.Skill 3800MHz SO-DIMMs]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SCUM sells 1 million copies to date
- Next-gen PSVR may have eye-tracking, fight motion sickness
- Halo 6 sounds like it'll repeat Halo 5's mistakes
- Capcom shutters Dead Rising studio, cancels all projects
- Dad/Toddler infiltrate prize machine, steals Nintendo Switch
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- x299 Taichi XE vs Formula OC usb controllers 2 or 3?
- Psyonix And Hot Wheels Reveal New Rocket League DLC
- Pirate Island Rescue released on Steam
- Celebrated crime caper The Swindle slinks onto Nintendo Switch this October
- Tricky Towers coming to Nintendo Switch!
- Beat Hazard 2 is now in Beta and will be heading for Steam Early Access in October.