The X299E-ITX/ac is the most unique X299 motherboard I have reviewed.
The motherboard features a 6+1+1 phase VRM for the CPU input voltage, VCCSA, and VCCIO. I want to mention that the motherboard does not support Kaby Lake-X CPUs, only Skylake-X CPUs. ASRock uses Intersil's new high performance ISL99227F 60A Smart Power Stages with internal current and temperature monitoring. The Intersil ISL69138 is used in 6+1 phase PWM mode, and it is part of Intersil's new set of digital PWMs. ASRock also uses 60A inductors for the CPU VCore phases. The VCCSA uses the same Smart Power Stage as the main power supply rail.
For the VCCIO ASRock still employees another ISL69138, but uses an Intersil ISL6596 driver, and a Sinopower SM7341EH dual N-channel MOSFET. The Sinopower is rated for about 25A. We also see one of these driver + dual N-channel FET combos near each set of two DIMMs.
Each memory VRM uses the same Intersil ISL69138 digital PWM, and it kind of seems like a bit of a waste considering the number of rails not used, but I assume ASRock wanted to maximize features, so the motherboard has more digital PWM technology on board than needed. One of the Sinopower dual N-Channel's is hidden under the PCI-E x16 slot.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock X299E-ITX/ac Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299E-ITX/ac Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X299E-ITX/ac Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X299E-ITX/ac Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking With G.Skill 3800MHz SO-DIMMs]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5 minutes of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's 'World of Light'
- Fury's rage showcased in two new Darksiders III trailers
- Marvel & Riot partner to release 'League of Legends' comics
- Players will unlock Smash Bros. Ultimate's roster rapidly
- Skyrim composer raises hand for Lord of The Rings TV show
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card