The X299E-ITX/ac is the most unique X299 motherboard I have reviewed.
The motherboard features a 6+1+1 phase VRM for the CPU input voltage, VCCSA, and VCCIO. I want to mention that the motherboard does not support Kaby Lake-X CPUs, only Skylake-X CPUs. ASRock uses Intersil's new high performance ISL99227F 60A Smart Power Stages with internal current and temperature monitoring. The Intersil ISL69138 is used in 6+1 phase PWM mode, and it is part of Intersil's new set of digital PWMs. ASRock also uses 60A inductors for the CPU VCore phases. The VCCSA uses the same Smart Power Stage as the main power supply rail.
For the VCCIO ASRock still employees another ISL69138, but uses an Intersil ISL6596 driver, and a Sinopower SM7341EH dual N-channel MOSFET. The Sinopower is rated for about 25A. We also see one of these driver + dual N-channel FET combos near each set of two DIMMs.
Each memory VRM uses the same Intersil ISL69138 digital PWM, and it kind of seems like a bit of a waste considering the number of rails not used, but I assume ASRock wanted to maximize features, so the motherboard has more digital PWM technology on board than needed. One of the Sinopower dual N-Channel's is hidden under the PCI-E x16 slot.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299E-ITX/ac Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X299E-ITX/ac Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X299E-ITX/ac Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking With G.Skill 3800MHz SO-DIMMs]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Respawn: Apex Legends isn't viable without high priced skins
- Halo 6 creative director leaves, should we be concerned?
- New Obi-Wan Star Wars show coming on Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Epic Games Store is changing for the better
- Destiny 2's crunch will help streamline Destiny 3
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director