OCZ PC4800 Platinum DDR SDRAM
Specifications from the OCZ website:
Available in a 1GB (2x512MB) Dual Channel Optimized Kit
Mirrored Platinum Copper Heatspreader
2.85 Volts (up to 3.0 Volts with EVP)
184 Pin DIMM
Tested to 2T, but may also run 1T on certain motherboards
From the specifications, we can see that the OCZ PC-4800 memory is designed for the high bandwidth overclockers - the default SPD timings are good but not as fast as PC3200 high grade RAM.
Nevertheless, you can also back down the clock speed and decrease (speed up) the timings. Plenty of options if you wish have a high RAM clock speed or tight timings, whatever you prefer.
Despite the gold RAM spreaders, the memory we have here is from the Platinum family. The actual model name is OCZ EL DDR PC-4800 Dual Channel Platinum which means it features Enhanced Latency (good timings), matched pair for Dual Channel and comes under the OCZ Platinum family name.
OCZ sent us their Dual Channel 1GB pack. This pack contains 2x 512MB memory modules with a Copper/Platinum heatspreader. OCZ requires this in order to run its EVP (Extended Voltage Protection) rating of up to 3.0 volts (give or take 5%) for DDR memory - this means you can go up to 3.0 volts while still keeping your warranty which is a big bonus when it comes to overclocking.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Amnesia dev Chinese Room has 'gone dark'
- Run, don't walk for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM