Access, Assembly & Finished Product
As we start to install the keyboard and mouse, we opened up the left side panel under the desk, and find that we have a pair of tubes to wrap the cables around after it comes through the octagonal hole. On the right side of the opening, we find a Type-A USB 3.0 port to plug in a device, and also the Type-B USB 3.0 port. We also see that there is a power jack for 12V input, but it is not required for full functionality.
Leaving enough cable on the top of the desk to allow the mouse to move freely, we then wrapped the remainder of it around the tubes and cross-support. We also made sure to plug the mouse into the USB 3.0 port, and at this time, we also plugged in the shorted power cable and ran it through the groove on the left side of the opening. Once done, place the cover back on and screw it in place.
The right side of the desk is very similar. There are two tubes to wrap the cables around, and there is a notch on the outside edge. However, this time, we find two USB 3.0 ports near the center, one of which the keyboard will use, but the other can be used for anything you see fit to plug in there.
Leaving the coiled section of the keyboard cable outside f the desk, we are left to tend with a bit of extra cable before plugging it into the hub. We can also see a tunnel offered in this design, which allows cables to be passed from one side to the other, in case your desired setup has another cable on the left, with no port to plug it into.
After adding Velcro to the right and left arm rests and affixing the desk to the top of them, we now see the CouchMaster Cycon as it would be used. Of course, some users are wider than others, and the width can be adjusted to fit each user individually. You do also have the option to use the desk portion on its own, but that does negate the ergonomics and point of buying one with armrests in the first place.
If someone else was using the Cycon and you happened to walk up on them, this is the view you would see. The pouch for the mouse can be added anywhere you want to add it, and it does not have to be used for the mouse at all. Although adding it to the front does bring the name of the product right out in the open for others to see, if you game with friends at home, that is.
The last thing you will need to do is to connect the short cable coming from the inside of the Cycon to the much longer cable. In our living room setup, our favorite spot on the couch is twelve feet away. This does not leave a huge amount of cable to rest on the floor, but we did have a coffee table to rest it on. For most users, you will want to be no more than maybe eight feet from the PC, as this allows room for the cable to run freely across the floor.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Nerdytec CouchMaster Cycon retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Nerdytec CouchMaster Cycon retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Nerdytec CouchMaster Cycon]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Resident Evil 2 supports ultrawide monitors
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media