PUBG & DOOM
It took us a bit of time to get used to the mouse, but not because of accuracy or responsiveness; it delivers that in spades. It was the smaller size and lack of weight that tripped us up the most. The buttons are easy to reach, are well placed, and each click is easily heard. However, the mouse did want not to stay settled in our relaxed grip of it, as our hands allowed for a bit of a gap that the mouse could sit still in when it came to moving it. After a few days, our grip got tighter, and this issue was remedied. When it comes to scoping out the enemy at long range or spraying them in the face up close, we feel the Kone Pure Owl-Eye is a great tool to kill the competition in PUBG.
When it came to DOOM, the sensitivity could be raised to the 5000 to 6000 DPI levels and not feel overpowered. While PUBG takes a lower DPI to be a skilled marksman, with demons coming from all directions, above, below, and from all sides, we were able to spin around on a whim and did not find ourselves overcompensating. We turned, we fired, we killed, we moved on.
Windows and Productivity
For us, the mouse shines when it came to being productive at our desk. When it came to editing images, 3000 to 4000 DPI was the sweet spot. This also rang true for desktop use and tooling around on the internet. Every time we moved the Kone Pure Owl-Eye mouse, the cursor is exactly where we expected it to be.
When it came to eliminating dust and scratches from our photos, this mouse killed it and saved us tons of time, where other mice have shown to be sloppy in this respect, this ROCCAT mouse is seeming designed to be perfect in any scenario. We did try 12,000 Dpi for a bit on our 4K screen, and outside of the desktop application, it is almost uncontrollable. Of course, with more usage at that range, we would get used to it, but to be successful at work or play, it was out of our comfort zone.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ROCCAT KONE Pure Owl-Eye – Optical RGB Gaming Mouse retails for $44.99 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ROCCAT Kone Pure Owl-Eye Optical RGB Gaming Mouse retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [ROCCAT Kone Pure Owl-Eye Optical RGB Gaming Mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the Kone Pure Owl-Eye]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new game service is like Game Pass
- Sekiro mod engine paves the way for expansive mods
- Sean Murray gives rare talk on No Man's Sky's triumphs, woes
- Digital PS4 game sales locked exclusively to PSN
- Enter the 'Spider-Verse' for our Spider-Man Blu-ray giveaway
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced