PUBG & DOOM
It took us a bit of time to get used to the mouse, but not because of accuracy or responsiveness; it delivers that in spades. It was the smaller size and lack of weight that tripped us up the most. The buttons are easy to reach, are well placed, and each click is easily heard. However, the mouse did want not to stay settled in our relaxed grip of it, as our hands allowed for a bit of a gap that the mouse could sit still in when it came to moving it. After a few days, our grip got tighter, and this issue was remedied. When it comes to scoping out the enemy at long range or spraying them in the face up close, we feel the Kone Pure Owl-Eye is a great tool to kill the competition in PUBG.
When it came to DOOM, the sensitivity could be raised to the 5000 to 6000 DPI levels and not feel overpowered. While PUBG takes a lower DPI to be a skilled marksman, with demons coming from all directions, above, below, and from all sides, we were able to spin around on a whim and did not find ourselves overcompensating. We turned, we fired, we killed, we moved on.
Windows and Productivity
For us, the mouse shines when it came to being productive at our desk. When it came to editing images, 3000 to 4000 DPI was the sweet spot. This also rang true for desktop use and tooling around on the internet. Every time we moved the Kone Pure Owl-Eye mouse, the cursor is exactly where we expected it to be.
When it came to eliminating dust and scratches from our photos, this mouse killed it and saved us tons of time, where other mice have shown to be sloppy in this respect, this ROCCAT mouse is seeming designed to be perfect in any scenario. We did try 12,000 Dpi for a bit on our 4K screen, and outside of the desktop application, it is almost uncontrollable. Of course, with more usage at that range, we would get used to it, but to be successful at work or play, it was out of our comfort zone.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ROCCAT Kone Pure Owl-Eye Optical RGB Gaming Mouse retails for $XXX at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [ROCCAT Kone Pure Owl-Eye Optical RGB Gaming Mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the Kone Pure Owl-Eye]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Epic invests $100 million into eSports scene for Fortnite
- NZXT announces Battle Royale H700i 'Ninja Edition' case
- PUBG performance improvements, limb penetration coming soon
- Intel and Micron reveal industry's first QLC NAND flash
- Red Dead Redemption running at 8K on Unreal Engine 4
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit