Inside the Meteor XR
We pulled the front bezel off to find a few disturbing things. Not only are the wires attached to the bezel, but they run across it, breaking up airflow and possibly getting into the fan blades. We also find it strange that there is so much compatibility for cooling, yet only ten super thin holes to allow air into the chassis, and from just the one side too.
This we have seen many times before. The interior is wide open from front to back, leaving room for all of the main components as well as some addition things too. The wires and hardware are tied together and lying on the PSU cover, which is used to block the view of the PSU, HDDs, and any wire messes you might have.
At the top of the chassis, there is a single 5.25" drive bay. If you wish to leave it in, it can also be used for a pair of 2.5" drives, as there are holes in the bottom of the bay for precisely that. If you do not wish to use it, removing four screws allows the tool-free bay to come out.
Behind the front bezel, there is not a dust filter of any kind, and the one fan that Rosewill has provided is delivering air to the HDDs and PSU, not the main chamber of the case. You can move the fan, but we will be testing the chassis as it was sent to us for our thermal evaluation.
The top of the chassis is pressed into shape to add more support to the steel panel so that all of the honeycomb mesh can be removed. There are slots for 120mm fans as well as ones for 140mm fans, and is where we will be installing or CPU cooling.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo Infinite is Halo 6, a direct sequel to Halo 5
- New Battlefield V gameplay shows destructive WW2 chaos
- PlayStation VR sales break 3 million
- ROME: Total War is coming to iPhone, August 23rd
- Micron Outs In-House High Performance NVMe SSD Controller
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Buy (2 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1,398
- Buy (10 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,500
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada
- Razer NOMMO Pro is Available For Purchase
- Beat-'Em-Up Coffee Crisis Out On Xbox One Today
- New World Boss Karanda Coming to Black Desert Online SEA