Rosewill Meteor XR Mid-Tower Chassis
The front of the Meteor XR is squared off at the corners, and we can see the removable drive bay cover and the slashes in the bottom left corner, the red HDD Activity LED, are what breaks up the bezel. To add a bit of class to the look, Rosewill opts to use a brushed metal finish in the black plastic surface.
At the top of the chassis, just behind the front of the case, on the right side, is a bright red plastic insert to add contrast to all that black. This is also where we find the power and reset button, and the power button at the right is backlit blue when the chassis is powered.
The top of the chassis is made of steel, with the thinnest bits of panel left to support the panel. Inside of the ring of steel is the plastic, magnetically attached, dust filter, which covers the large area of honeycomb mesh below it.
On the left side of the chassis, we find a chemically tempered glass panel covering the entire frame of the chassis. The inside edge is painted black to block the view of the steel frame behind it and is held in place with four thumbscrews. We do also see more of the I/O panel on the side of the front bezel.
From top to bottom, we find a USB 3.0 port, a pair of HD Audio jacks for the headphones and microphone, with another USB 3.0 port below them. At the bottom is the VR port, which is an HDMI port, so that connecting headset is made much easier on the user.
At the back of the bus, we see that the top of the chassis is offset well from the rear I/O and exhaust fan, to add room for water cooling support. The seven break-out expansion slot covers have passive ventilation to the right of them, and cards are secured externally and have a slide cover to fill the gap. That leaves us at the bottom of the Meteor XR, where the PSU is to be installed.
The right side of the chassis shows us three things. The first is that the view is blocked by a solid steel panel, which is painted to match the rest of the chassis. The second is that the bright red accent continues from the top and runs down this side. The third, and most important, is that the ten tiny holes in the red stripe, this is how the chassis gets its airflow.
Under the Meteor XR, we find round hard rubber feet used to support the chassis. These do offer a sturdy footing but are easy to slide on hard surfaces. There is a dust filter under the PSU, but it is not the easiest to remove to clean, nor is it easy to replace without tipping the case over to do so. We imagine the holes and slots at the front could be used for pumps and reservoirs, but it is easy to see it has nothing to do with the HDD cage mounting, and the four screws show it can only be installed in one location.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Hades' will soon make its way to Steam after Epic Store exclusivity
- DRAGON BALL Z: Kakarot Gamescom 2019 'Cell Saga' gameplay demo reveal
- Portland Public Schools almost got BEC scammed a HUGE $2.9 million
- Shoebox-sized probe snaps insightful images near-Earth asteroid Ryugu
- Some exoplanets could be better suited to harbor life than Earth
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LIAN LI Launches Brand New TU150
- The First XR-DIMM DRAM Module with RTCA DO-160G Certification From the Leading Supplier of Industrial-grade Memory
- Trintech Achieves Record-Breaking New Customer Adoption and Expansion in H1
- TUNAI CREATIVE's Kickstarter-backed aptX Low Latency Long Range Bluetooth Transmitter Now Available on Amazon
- Total War: THREE KINGDOMS - Eight Princes DLC out now on macOS and Linux