X399 Designare EX Circuit Analysis Continued
We find a dandy Realtek ALC1220 codec with an integrated amplifier and support for up to 120dB SNR. GIGABYTE added some Gold Series Nichicon electrolytic audio capacitors and some WIMA film capacitors to improve audio.
GIGABYTE replaced the single Killer NIC on the Gaming 7 with dual Intel i211AT NICs, and you also get the Intel Wireless AC 8265NGW 2x2 card. If you blue screen booting into Windows 10, go into the UEFI, change memory interleaving to channel mode, and then go into Windows and update the wireless card's drive and then set channel interleaving back to auto. It's an issue most motherboards with this Intel card face. The rear IO USB 3.1 comes from the chipset (FCH) and two Pericom USB 3.1 re-drivers, the PI3EQX are used to improve signal strength. A Texas Instruments HD3220 MUX is used for the type-C switch.
An ITE IT8295FN provides RGB capabilities on the motherboard and through the headers. The ITE IT8951E is a microcontroller responsible for the QFlash+ technology that allows BIOS recovery through a USB stick.
An ITE IT8686E acts as the SuperIO, provides monitoring, some fan control, and the PS/2 port on the rear IO. The ITE IT8795E acts as an embedded controller (like the "EC" temperature headers) and provides extra fan control and functionality. We find a second IT8795E under one of the PCI-E slots.
Two BIOS ROMs are found near the CPU socket, and these 128Mbit/16MB ROMs provide extra protection through firmware redundancy (but I don't think you can switch between them). The internal type-C header is actually USB 3.0 based, and it seems that GBT has implemented some type of repeater of voltage control chip for the signal to the header.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X399 Designare EX Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X399 Designare EX Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X399 Designare EX Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 being developed with esports in mind
- Intel reportedly 'kills off' its upcoming 10nm process
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- Project Monolith - action adventure title for all platforms
- Crackdown 3 will be playable at Xbox FanFest 2018
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam