ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD
The red and black themed packaging advertises the XPG SX950 as a gaming SSD. The drive's 3D NAND, 6-year warranty, sequential read/write speeds and capacity are advertised on this side of the packaging.
The rear of the packaging lists the drive's form-factor and included software available for download.
When you buy an XPG SX950, you also get a 3.5" to 2.5" adapter.
The top of the drive's enclosure is made of plastic. There is an attractive label at the center.
The bottom and sides of the enclosure are formed from metal. There is a manufacturer's label listing the particulars of the drive.
Popping the enclosure open reveals the back side of a half-length PCB.
This side of the PCB houses four of the drive's eight 64GB, 32-layer 3D MLC flash packages, the drive's Silicon Motion SM2258 4-channel controller and a Nanya 512MB DDR3 DRAM package.
This side of the PCB houses four of the drive's eight 64GB, 32-layer 3D MLC flash packages. There is also an empty landing pad for an additional DRAM cache package for larger capacity models.
A close-in view of the drive's SM2258 4-channel controller.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD retails for $ at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Jagex showcase Old School RuneScape in-game statistics
- 'The Witcher 3' developers possibly working on Switch title
- PlayStation CEO says Sony has an eye on multiplayer/co-op
- Netflix pull future 'The Punisher' & 'Jessica Jones' seasons
- Nintendo to 'revive' a 'very officially cancelled' game
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- Explore a World of Ancient Chinese Mythology!
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America's Post EVO Japan Fighting Game News Round-up
- Million Arthur: Arcana Blood Coming To Steam This Summer
- Rising Lords announces alpha launch via new trailer
- Zombie-Veggie Shooter, The Walking Vegetables Radical! Edition Coming Soon to PS4!