ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD
The red and black themed packaging advertises the XPG SX950 as a gaming SSD. The drive's 3D NAND, 6-year warranty, sequential read/write speeds and capacity are advertised on this side of the packaging.
The rear of the packaging lists the drive's form-factor and included software available for download.
When you buy an XPG SX950, you also get a 3.5" to 2.5" adapter.
The top of the drive's enclosure is made of plastic. There is an attractive label at the center.
The bottom and sides of the enclosure are formed from metal. There is a manufacturer's label listing the particulars of the drive.
Popping the enclosure open reveals the back side of a half-length PCB.
This side of the PCB houses four of the drive's eight 64GB, 32-layer 3D MLC flash packages, the drive's Silicon Motion SM2258 4-channel controller and a Nanya 512MB DDR3 DRAM package.
This side of the PCB houses four of the drive's eight 64GB, 32-layer 3D MLC flash packages. There is also an empty landing pad for an additional DRAM cache package for larger capacity models.
A close-in view of the drive's SM2258 4-channel controller.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- IBM's Watson AI might be coming to a game near you
- Sonic movie set for 2019
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit