Packaging and Overview
The box for the Z370 Taichi uses the same box art as previous generation Taichi motherboards. The motherboard itself sits in a foam encasement and inside an anti-static bag. Accessories are also present in the box but in a different section than the motherboard.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, IO shield, SLI HB bridge, M.2 screws, WIFI antenna, ASRock case badge, manual, driver DVD, and postcard.
The Z370 Taichi has a modest five fan headers. All fan headers offer hybrid control so they can operate as PWM or DC mode fan headers. The two headers circled in red double as water pump headers and can offer up to 1.5A of current. The rest of the headers seem to be rated 1A. All the headers circled in blue or red and auto sense if a PWM or DC mode fan is in use, while the CPU fan header circled in orange cannot and operates in PWM mode by default. The giant gear at the center of the motherboard looks pretty cool and works with the PCH heat sink to create a near effect. The rear of the motherboard has many of the ICs on the motherboard because the motherboard is designed to be aesthetically pleasing on the topside.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse, four USB 3.0 ports, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, two Gbit LAN ports, Clear CMOS button, WIFI antenna, HDMI, DisplayPort, and 7.1 gold-plated audio outputs with S/PDIF out.
The PCI-E layout is simple; the three reinforced x16 slots operate at x16/x0/x0, x8/x8/x0, or x8/x4/x4. There are also two PCI-E 3.0 x1 slots on the motherboard, and they are open-ended so they can take larger cards. The motherboard features three 32Gb/s M.2 slots that are connected to the CPU.
We find a total of three 32Gb/s "Ultra M.2" slots on the motherboard all connected to the PCH through x4 PCI-E 3.0 connections. However, each one of these slots shares bandwidth with one SATA6Gb/s port. If M2_1 one is in use, SATA ports 0 and 1 are disabled, if M2_2 is used then SATA 4 and 5 are disabled, and if M2_3 is used with a SATA device, then SATA port 3 will be disabled.
ASRock's motherboard features six SATA6Gb/s ports that are routed from the PCH and adds two from an ASMedia controller. One of the USB 3.0 internal headers is angled at 90degrees, and we find another USB 3.0 internal header located below the 24-pin connector. There is also a USB 3.1 internal header located below the USB 3.0 internal header.
The motherboard also features an XMP mode switch. A POST code display is located in the lower right corner of the motherboard right above an RGB LED header. There is also a header located in the lower right corner that will active the backup BIOS ROM.
The motherboard offers three USB 2.0 internal headers, a ThunderBolt GPIO header, a clear CMOS header, and a TPM module header. The heat sinks are also attached to the motherboard very well.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock Z370 Taichi Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASRock Z370 Taichi Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370 Taichi Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Z370 Taichi Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Z370 Taichi Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Scoop 12% off Fallout 76 Bethesda keys for PC
- ABZU will be taking a dive into the Nintendo Switch, Nov 29
- 'Fortuna' update brings Warframe new concurrent gamer high
- Game of the Year 2018 nominees: 6 games worth playing
- Insomniac release Spider-Man DLC 2 trailer 'Turf Wars'
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms