Physical Overview Continued
The notebook features a 17.3" 1080P IPS AntiGlare LED display with GSync technology, which means the display's refresh rate can sync with the GPU's frame output for a smooth gaming experience at 75Hz. The GTX 1070 should be able to handle GSync just fine since the display resolution is FHD (1080P) and not something like QHD or UHD (4K). The notebook integrates a 720P HD camera with a dual-array microphone.
You will find two small vents on the underside of the notebook, and they are where the WIFI/BT antennas are located. The motherboard has a convenient Turbo Key, which will overclock the CPU to 4.1GHz on-the-fly, but the feature only works when the notebook is plugged into the wall.
The notebook opens up roughly 120 degrees, with the display connected to the notebook by a single large center hinge.
Opening the notebook up is very simple, you just need to remove the Phillips head screws on the bottom of the notebook, and pull back then up. Two large blower fans exhaust heat from the GPU and CPU. A large heat sink system connects both the CPU and GPU heat plates, and they also cool down the VRMs for the CPU and GPU.
The notebook has two 8GB modules installed already on the other side of the PCB, but you can add in more DDR4 SO-DIMMs with ease. The 90Wh battery is custom designed to fit inside the casing, and you will also notice weights strategically placed around the notebook to help balance it out.
A single Samsung 512BG NVMe SSD can be replaced by another M.2 SSD if you like, but there is almost no reason to do so since it's already extremely fast. A Killer Wireless AC card, the 1535 is accessible, although I also wouldn't replace this either because it's one of the better wireless AC cards on the market.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider weapons revealed through trailer
- New Super Mario Bros. U/New Super Luigi U rumored for Switch
- Windows 10 Pro: $12.41, Office 2016 Pro: $28.10
- Diablo III Switch coming this Fall, hits smooth 60FPS
- Halo Infinite is Halo 6, a direct sequel to Halo 5
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Buy (2 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1,398
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada