The Z370 GODLIKE GAMING has a strong VRM capable of delivering all the power required to overclock an 8700K. Overclocking the CPU to 4.9GHz was extremely easy, I set 49x for all cores, CPU mode to fixed, enabled XMP, set VCore to override mode at 1.3v, LLC to mode 2, and then increased PWM settings in the DigiALL menu.
Compatible Memory Overclocking Kits
In this section, I overclock four memory kits only using XMP, if the kit works then the results are below. I welcome memory vendors to send in their kits to be tested on each motherboard.
G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz 32GB (4x8GB)
The board easily overclocked the Dominator Platinum RAM to 3200MHz and the TridentZ to 3600MHz using just XMP.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard retails for $ at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: The MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard retails for £ at Amazon.co.uk
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]