Here are key points about the GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7.
VRM Quality and Overclocking: I was surprised to find that GIGABYTE implemented Intersil's brand new 60A Smart Power Stages, 76A inductors, and the new digital PWM. Together, they create a solid, high-quality VRM capable of easily taking the 8700K to its max. The LLC built into the BIOS is also very well-tuned, allowing us to tune both external and internal LLC, which results in overclocks with low volts.
RGB Lighting and Aesthetics: The motherboard's shields and PCH heat sink have paneling that resembles brushed aluminum, but the lights that turn on when the motherboard is powered on are really impressive. GIGABYTE has done a fine job with them this round, but that's not where it ends. We get an RGBW header at the top and bottom of the motherboard, as well as a digital RGB header at the top and bottom of the motherboard. We also get the ability to switch between 5v and 12v for the digital header.
Audio: The addition of the ESS SABRE 9018 to compliment the ALC1220, as well as the WIMA audio caps and Nichicon Gold Series electrolytics, produces great sounding audio. You also get Sound Blaster audio software if you want to mess with audio effects.
Fans: The motherboard comes with a total of eight hybrid PWM/DC mode fans that can reference one of many built-in sensors and two external sensors. You also0 get a 3A high amperage header. GIGABYTE also includes two temperature probes for the external temperature sensors. There is also a fan to cool down the heat sinks hidden under the IO sectional shield.
Low Internal USB Count: While six type-A ports on the rear IO panel is typical of most Z370 motherboards, this motherboard only has a single USB 3.0 header and only two USB 2.0 internal headers, lower than other Z370 motherboards around this price point I have looked at.
The GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 is a solid motherboard. It offers a healthy number of features, stellar looks, and excellent quality. The biggest surprise was finding Intersil's new Smart Power Stages and digital PWM along with the 76A inductors. These VRM components are typically only found on high-end X299 motherboards, but you get them with this motherboard. GIGABYTE has also made an effort to maximize overclocking by adding physical features such as buttons and a POST code display as well adding in BIOS features to make things easier.
While there is talk about other vendors having issues with LLC, we find no such issues with this motherboard. Quality throughout the motherboard is also quite high both externally and on the PCB. The heat sinks are solid, ports and slots are reinforced, and there is even a VRM fan. On the PCB we find excellent quality power delivery, dedicated circuitry to control USB power, and hardware additions and improvements to the audio section to name a few enhancements.
If you are looking for a solid Z370 motherboard with a healthy serving of features matched with quality parts, the Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 is worth a look.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||94%|
The Bottom Line: Excellent quality power delivery, reinforced slots and ports, and upgraded audio circuitry are only a few things that make the GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 a stunning Z370 motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Death Stranding's bizarre new trailer is darkly enchanting
- Square Enix to double down on service games
- Nintendo 64 Classic Edition likely on the way
- Anthem's early play trials are paygated
- Roar for 'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Blu-ray giveaway
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games