Physical Overview Continued
The power button is the AORUS symbol in the middle, behind the keyboard, and it has a few RGB LEDs built into it. The array of RGB LEDs you see in front of the power button can be configured any way you like. You can have them synchronize to battery life, temperatures, music, and even hardware utilization. It's a cool feature once you customize it, I prefer using it for battery life. Status indicators are located on the lip ledge at the front of the notebook.
The notebook opens up roughly 120 degrees, with the display connected to the notebook by two hinges.
We have a dual array microphone, a 720P HD camera, a light sensor, and a camera indicator light located at the top of the notebook. Opening the notebook wasn't difficult, but there are two warranty voiding stickers on top of two of the screws, so if you just want to see what's inside, you can now.
Remember, since this notebook has two GPUs and a CPU, there need to be three cooling plates, and each CPU/GPU's VRMs and GPU memory need to be cooled. You can see a large network of heat pipes going to two blower fans that blow out heat in two directions (to the back and the side). AORUS has implemented four fans into the notebook, and we can see the four fan headers boxed in red in the image above.
While you can see two fans that do the majority of cooling the GPUs and CPUs, there are two other fans on the other side of the PCB that move hot air outside of the system out the back. I drew orange squares over the area where I think the two system fans are. These extra fans are key to the AORUS X9's low noise levels and excellent cooling performance. It's a very useful and effective method of cooling the notebook.
The notebook can take one 2.5" drive, but our model left it out. Instead, our model has two 512GB Samsung NVMe SSDs, and these are as fast as Samsung's 960 series of drives.
Two of the four memory DIMMs were filled with two 16GB sticks. The killer Wireless AC 1535 card is used to provide Wireless AC. There is also a Killer e2500 NIC on board for the wired LAN port.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance and Noise]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Joker director hints at sequel 'I would do anything with Joaquin'
- GameStop lays off 120 staff members, 14% off total staff eliminated
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord sticks a landing on Steam, March 2020
- The One Punch Man game forces players to stall until Saitama arrives
- World's first real-world quantum network built with brand new protocol
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- Pengo USB-C Dock Review
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- Yubico Launches the World's First Lightning-Compatible Security Key, the YubiKey 5Ci
- Monkey King: Hero Is Back Pre-Orders Now Open on Steam
- Lionsgate and Bloober Team Release New Blair Witch 'Insanity' Story Trailer
- PINBRAWLER CREATURE IN THE WELL PRE-ORDERS NOW LIVE GAME LAUNCHES SEPTEMBER 6
- NEW DATING SIM GAME ANNOUNCED: NOW WITH 100% MORE DOGS You'll want to get your paws on this one On Valentine's Day, 2020