Update: We made two errors. The first is that the adapter is rated for 330W (not 300W), and the second is that the notebook does not feature G-SYNC technology.
The AORUS X9 has very special packaging. Since the notebook is so powerful, AORUS decided it would be helpful to ensure the packaging was environmentally friendly. Rice husks were used to create some of the internal protective packagings, and they show GIGABYTE/AORUS's commitment to the environment. You can actually smell the packaging; it reminds me of Fall when people start using their wood fireplaces, and you can get a nice whiff of it down the road.
Accessories include a huge AC/DC power supply, and AC power cable, AORUS driver/software USB stick, large AORUS sticker, warranty card, user manual, and review request documentation. The AC/DC adapter is rated 19.5v @ 16.9A for a total of 300W output.
The top and bottom of the unit are made up of solid aluminum, the texture is nice, and the unit feels sturdy. However, the unit attracts fingerprints with ease. The AORUS logo on top actually lights up any color you like when the notebook is turned on. The bottom of the notebook features a large spread eagle style vent array, which can be used as air intakes. Two straight rubber feet at the front, two centered rubber feat at the center front and rear, and two large L shaped rubber feet at the rear prevent the notebook from sliding around on smoothe surfaces.
The notebook has a unique body shape and style, the front of the unit features two large RGB LED panels on the right and left as does the rear of the notebook. Dead center at the rear of the notebook is a DC input jack. The rear of the notebook also features two large exhaust vents. We find two more exhaust vents on the right side and left side panels of the notebook. We get a total of three USB 3.0 ports, ThunderBolt 3 type-C, USB 3.1 type-C, mini DisplayPort 1.3, HDMI, 1Gbit LAN port, SD card slot, headphone jack, and a microphone jack.
The AORUS X9 lights up all around, and the display is stunning. The notebooks internal layout is quite large, making it simple and easy to use the keyboard for gaming.
The notebook features a full-sized RGB mechanical keyboard, each key is individual lit, and you can customize exactly how the RGBs work. I thought that pressing the key felt sturdy and not much like a plastic keyboard. There is also a touchpad that feels a bit metallic to the touch. I felt it was a bit sensitive, but of course, you can alter that in the OS.
Balancing colors is a big deal with this notebook. Not only is the display X-Rite Pantone certified, meaning it has been color balanced, the RGB LEDs also produce amazing glowing effects. When you turn the lights out, the notebook lights up brilliantly.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance and Noise]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia set back until May 3
- $60,000 worth of GPUs power Unreal Engine ray tracing demo
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- A Way Out official PC requirements released, launch trailer
- Dark Souls Remastered leaked images, Solaire amiibo spotted
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit