I always find it entertaining when the first step of installing is to disassemble.
At any rate, two screws and you're pretty much done. After these two screws have been removed, everything else just slides out for you. Again, there isn't anything out of the ordinary here so we'll move on.
Installing the hard drive is a matter of ease. With the cradle lying on a flat surface, just connect the 4-pin Molex and slide the drive into place. The 40-pin IDE connection is attached to the front portion of the cradle so just be careful when ramming the drive home. Once everything is lined up properly, you simply secure the drive into place with the four mounting screws that have been provided for you.
Oh, and make sure that the drive is set to the MASTER setting. Cable Select may work, but the manufacturer recommends the Master setting and I've found in the past that it is generally a good idea to listen to what they have to say with regards to this. There isn't any guarantee when playing with other drive settings than the recommended one.
Once the drive has been secured, everything will lie flat within the drive compartment. The wiring for power is not long enough to get in the way but still gives you an easy job of installing it. The IDE port is that thin black chunk of plastic just above the jumper pins. As I mentioned earlier, this port is connected directly to the circuit board so it is almost an internal connection. There is no cabling to get in the way at all. This was a pleasant surprise since I've had issues before with IDE ribbon cables becoming a nuisance and causing a difficult installation process.
Now the only thing left to do is slide the cover over the cradle and install those two screws we removed at the beginning.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to miss 20 million Switch sales, analysts predict
- Decidueye was considered for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- If Anthem's cosmetics fail, paid expansions are likely
- The Divison 2 story sets U.S. capital aflame with chaos
- Lords of the Fallen devs open indie publishing label
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019