In The Box
After the plastic wrap has been removed and the box emptied, you end up with the items pictured above. This consists of the external drive unit, a plastic stand, a power cord, a USB cable, four drive mounting screws, a small manual and the software utility that makes the backup process a simple chore.
Now, you may have noticed several different prong layouts for the power adapter. This product is designed to work pretty much anywhere and with any sort of outlet receptacle. Lets take a little closer look...
Once you get this far, you only have to choose the proper type of plug and you're set. The power adapter automatically adjusts for any voltage levels between 100v and 240v so it is truly a universal design. Just take the proper plug and snap it into the adapter. It is that easy.
Moving onto the external unit, we see that it is very similar in design to any number of similar products that are on the market. The overall design isn't unique, but then a hard drive is a set shape so that isn't much a surprise.
The front side of the unit is pretty bare with only a single lighted button to be found on the panel. This button works in conjunction with the backup software to allow for a "One-Touch Backup" procedure. As long as you have already performed a backup already, you simply tap the button and the software launches to automatically perform an incremental backup.
The back portion of the unit has a bit more to offer. Besides the expected power and USB ports, you also see a toggle switch that allows you to power down the device without unplugging it and a toggle switch for a small internal fan. I tested the device with the fan on simply because modern hard drives have the tendency to produce a good deal of heat. During testing, I was not able to hear the fan over the noise levels of my water cooled system, so don't expect to hear a vacuum cleaner crank up if you decide to use this option.
Now that we've emptied out the box, lets go ahead and install a drive and get this thing up and running!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Because science: sperm used to deliver cancer drug to tumors
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Bad Company 3 could be joined by new Battlefield set in WWII
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series