So, we are switching from using the 7900X to using the 7960X 16-core 32-thread HCC Intel Skylake-X CPU. We can get it up to 4.4Ghz without major throttling, as our water setting can't handle much more than that (roughly 500W). We set a 2.05v VCCIN, a 1.185VCore, after changing overclocking mode to XMP.
We then increased CPU current to 1023 amps, disable internal VR efficiency, and we used mode 7 LLC in the external VRM control menu. Overall, overclocking was easy, but you need to open up some of the throttling features (such as current capability).
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Rampage VI Extreme Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]