Rampage VI Extreme Circuit Analysis Continued
ASUS's Realtek ALC/S1220 implementation is top notch as it comes upgraded with an ESS Sabre 9018Q2C DAC/AMP with -112dB THD capabilities. We also see switching MOSFETs for impedance sensing, Nichicon Audio capacitors, PCB isolation, as well as dedicated power amplification (found on the back of the PCB), and the audio jacks are illuminated.
An Aquantia AQC107 10Gbit NBase-T NIC is capable of 10G, 5G, 2.5G, 1G, and 100M speeds. The Wireless AD (4.6Gbps)/Wireless AC (1.3Gbps) card is the QCA6174-W0096 from Qualcomm.
An Intel NIC is also present; the i219V is the PHY that compliments the integrated MAC in the PCH and provides a 1Gbit connection. An STM32 microcontroller is found on the motherboard; I believe it's used for the OLED or the addressable RGB LED header.
We find two ASMedia ASM3142 USB 3.1 controllers, and each gets x2 PCI-E 3.0. The type-C port on the rear IO gets an ASMedia ASM1543 type-C switch and CC logic chip.
We also find two ASMedia ASM1074 USB 3.0 hubs. One at the rear provides four USB 3.0 ports and one found near the SATA ports provides bandwidth for the two internal USB 3.0 headers.
We find two identical TPU chips labeled KB3728Q and they provide extra ROG capabilities and even overclocking features. We also find other ROG labeled chips that provide unique features such as Keybot. The motherboard has two physical 16MB/128Mbit BIOS ROMs.
A nuvoton NCT6796D is the SuperIO controller that provides system monitoring and other capabilities such as fan control. The BIOS chip found on the back of the motherboard provides USB BIOS Flashback capabilities.
The Pro Clock II IC is a clock generator used for increasing BCLK overclocking margins. An IDT5V230 is used to enhance PCI-E device support.
A Texas Instruments DS80PCI402 is an 8Gbps per lane 4-lane PCI-E 3.0 repeater, and it's used to improve PCI-E signaling for the U.2 port which switches with the M.2 slot. We find a ton of ASMedia ASm1480 quick switches, almost as many as I found on another 2nd wave X299 motherboard, and they are used to switch all motherboard bandwidth. If we look closely, we can see that the chips above directly move x12 PCI-E 3.0 to the second set of switches, meaning they switch bandwidth two levels down in an orderly fashion (one at x8 and the other at x4).
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Rampage VI Extreme Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA investigating first SPACE CRIME, as astronaut is naughty on ISS
- GTA 5 yanked from NVIDIA's GeForce Now streaming service
- The Clone Wars season 7 coming February 2020 on Disney+
- The Mandalorian's new trailer is like a Star Wars western
- Obi-Wan show confirmed for Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best