Rampage VI Extreme Circuit Analysis Continued
ASUS's Realtek ALC/S1220 implementation is top notch as it comes upgraded with an ESS Sabre 9018Q2C DAC/AMP with -112dB THD capabilities. We also see switching MOSFETs for impedance sensing, Nichicon Audio capacitors, PCB isolation, as well as dedicated power amplification (found on the back of the PCB), and the audio jacks are illuminated.
An Aquantia AQC107 10Gbit NBase-T NIC is capable of 10G, 5G, 2.5G, 1G, and 100M speeds. The Wireless AD (4.6Gbps)/Wireless AC (1.3Gbps) card is the QCA6174-W0096 from Qualcomm.
An Intel NIC is also present; the i219V is the PHY that compliments the integrated MAC in the PCH and provides a 1Gbit connection. An STM32 microcontroller is found on the motherboard; I believe it's used for the OLED or the addressable RGB LED header.
We find two ASMedia ASM3142 USB 3.1 controllers, and each gets x2 PCI-E 3.0. The type-C port on the rear IO gets an ASMedia ASM1543 type-C switch and CC logic chip.
We also find two ASMedia ASM1074 USB 3.0 hubs. One at the rear provides four USB 3.0 ports and one found near the SATA ports provides bandwidth for the two internal USB 3.0 headers.
We find two identical TPU chips labeled KB3728Q and they provide extra ROG capabilities and even overclocking features. We also find other ROG labeled chips that provide unique features such as Keybot. The motherboard has two physical 16MB/128Mbit BIOS ROMs.
A nuvoton NCT6796D is the SuperIO controller that provides system monitoring and other capabilities such as fan control. The BIOS chip found on the back of the motherboard provides USB BIOS Flashback capabilities.
The Pro Clock II IC is a clock generator used for increasing BCLK overclocking margins. An IDT5V230 is used to enhance PCI-E device support.
A Texas Instruments DS80PCI402 is an 8Gbps per lane 4-lane PCI-E 3.0 repeater, and it's used to improve PCI-E signaling for the U.2 port which switches with the M.2 slot. We find a ton of ASMedia ASm1480 quick switches, almost as many as I found on another 2nd wave X299 motherboard, and they are used to switch all motherboard bandwidth. If we look closely, we can see that the chips above directly move x12 PCI-E 3.0 to the second set of switches, meaning they switch bandwidth two levels down in an orderly fashion (one at x8 and the other at x4).
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Rampage VI Extreme Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- JUMP FORCE leaks images of Dragon Quest and JoJo Characters
- Steam discounts Mortal Kombat franchise, up to 75% off
- Anthem head compares finished game details to upcoming demo
- Resident Evil 2 Remake 'one-shot demo' hits 2m players
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate goes Hunger Games on Adult Swim
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019