The Rampage VI Extreme hides a lot under the shields.
The CPU VRM gets a true eight phase setup, and it utilizes micro-fine alloy chokes and 10K gunmetal solid polymer capacitors. Each phase gets a PWM channel from an ASP1405, which is ASUS's custom stamped IR controller similar to an IR35201 fully digital PWM. Each phase uses an IR3555 fully integrated 60A power stage. The VRm here is excellent, even for 18 core CPUs.
Two Digi+ ASP1250 PWM controllers are used instead of the ASP1103 PWM controllers we saw on the X299 Deluxe. It might be possible that these are digital PWMs. Each of the PWMs outputs to two Texas Instruments CSD97374 NexFET power stages rated peak of 60A but continuous at 25A.
The VCCSA and VCCIO get their power from a Digi+ ASP1405 (which seems like overkill), and they use the same 25/60A NexFETs we saw used for the memory. There are also other minor VRMs located around the CPU socket, and we find extra voltages in the BIOS such as an "Uncore" voltage even though there is already a cache voltage, perhaps that is from external circuitry and not the FIVR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Rampage VI Extreme Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]