X299-Aorus Gaming 9 Circuit Analysis Continued
The audio hardware on this motherboard consists of the Realtek ALC1220 codec along with a Texas Instruments NE5532 amplifier, gold series capacitors were also used to improve audio quality as well as physical PCB division.
Both Gbit NICs are by Intel. The first is an i219v PHY that compliments the integrated MAC in the PCH, and the second is a standalone i211AT. The rear panel USB 3.1 comes from an ASM3142 controller and an ASMedia ASM1543 type-C switch and CC logic chip.
The internal USB 3.1 header gets its bandwidth from an ASM3142 controller and ASM1543 acts as the type-C switch and CC logic controller. The ASMedia ASM1061 is used to provide the two legacy-bootable SATA6Gb/s ports.
We find two Winbond W83795ADG hardware monitoring ICs on the back of the motherboard, and these provide enhanced CPU pin monitoring. You can see their traces go directly into the CPU socket. They provide accurate voltage readings and are not found on other ASRock X299 motherboards. We find an ICS 6V41742B clock generator to help improve overall BCLK overclocking margins.
The nuvoton NCT6791D is the main super IO used for fan control and major system monitoring, as well as the PS/2 port. However, we find a second Super IO, and eSIO, the NCT6683D, which actually has a built-in microcontroller. Its purpose is to enhance the monitoring capabilities of the system, as the main SuperIO ran out of enough pins to monitor the outputs of the Winbond chips, so ASRock just added a second SIO.
Another IDT clock generator is used to enhance PCI-E capabilities of the motherboard, and it's near the Flash Back IC used to provide the USB BIOS recovery feature. An ASMedia ASM1184e is used to provide multiple PCI-E 2.0 outputs from a single PCI-E 3.0 lanes for devices such as the ASMedia SATA6Gb/s controller, PCI-E x1 slot, and perhaps the i211AT NIC.
The nuvoton N76E885AT is used to provide RGB LED capabilities on the motherboard. We also find a plethora of ASMedia ASM1480 quick switches used to switch all the CPU and PCH's bandwidth around the slots, I think this motherboard might take the record for PCI-E quick switches, and it's the only one I know of that runs five slots are x8.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 OC Formula Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X299 OC Formula Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X299 OC Formula Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Telltale begins dismantling business and liquidating assets
- THQ Nordic has 35 unannounced projects in development
- Metroid Prime 4 is 'well into development'
- Corsair keyboards and mice are coming to the Xbox One
- Rainbow Six Siege goes free-to-play for the weekend, Nov 18
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- EML to PST Converter
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions
- Lex Machina Expands Employment Litigation Analytics with Launch of ERISA Module
- L'Oreal Launches La Roche-Posay My Skin Track UV--The First Battery-Free Wearable Sun Safety Sensor
- Drobo Launches High Performance 8D to Transform Storage Workflows
- CORSAIR Announces Support for Xbox One