The X299 OC Formula really is quite beautiful.
The motherboard uses a 12+1 phase configuration for the VCore and VCCSA, and ASRock is using Intersil's new fully digital PWM and Smart Power Stages. The ISL69138 is one of Intersil's first fully digital PWM controllers and can be flexible with their outputs up to 7 PWM channels. Here it is used in a 6+1 phase mode doubled to 12+1.
ASRock uses the ISL99227B and ISL99227F 60A Smart Power Stages with excellent internal monitoring and power efficiency characteristics. They can also be cooled on both sides of the chip. To double the phases, ASRock uses six ISL6617 phase doublers.
To get 12 phases from the six the PWM provides, ASRock uses a bunch of ISL6617 phase doublers on the rear of the motherboard. Here we find another ISL69138, most likely used to control the memory controller, and it controls two Sinopower SM7341EH dual N-channel MOSFETs.
Each memory VRM uses the same Intersil ISL69138 digital PWM and two Fairchild Semiconductor FDPC5030 PowerTrech Power Clip dual N-channel MOSFETs for strong memory power delivery. Each memory VRM uses two ISL6596 N-channel MOSFET drivers.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 OC Formula Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X299 OC Formula Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X299 OC Formula Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Scooby-Doo's 'Shaggy' added to JUMP FORCE roster by modder
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 'Joker' stage title 'Mementos'
- Guild Wars 2 developers prep for lay-offs and restructuring
- Nintendo Switch could feature Xbox Games Pass by end of 2019
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Realms of Arkania - Star Trail available for Xbox One
- Death Mark Coming Soon to Terrify Players on Steam
- The Way Remastered Reaches Top of Nintendo eShop EU Charts
- Batman: Arkham City for macOS updated to 64-bit
- Drop into TERA x PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Collaboration on March 5