Check out those CINEBENCH and wPrime scores. Since Coffee Lake is Kaby Lake on core and frequency steroids, we expected to find linear scaling between the Intel parts. We also find out that the 8700K's 4.7GHz single-core Turbo makes it the fastest single core processor in our charts, a title previously held by the 7700K. We can also see that without the mesh and with Intel's Skaylake/Kaby Lake/ Coffee Lake Core microarchitecture (they are all pretty much similar) on a ring bus, Intel is fighting the competition on the performance side while the competition hits back with price/performance.
AIDA64 FPU results reveal Intel's floating point strength, but also highlight AMD's strong IOPS performance. That i5-8400 is also a bit of a surprise, and we will see it surprise a bit more in the following pages. Memory bandwidth and latency haven't really changed going from 7th to 8th generation.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard