ASUS's UEFI for the Crosshair VI Extreme is very similar to that of the Crosshair VI Hero, but it does have some minor differences. You get OC profiles built in for extreme overclocking or even a gamer's 4GHz profile. You get many more DRAM timing settings than were available before through the AGESA 184.108.40.206 update. Fan control is also a bit more straightforward because of the new radiator fan grouping technique, where you can set up fans in groups for radiators. Overall, ASUS's UEFI was solid, and most of the settings have a decent description. Also, AMD"s CBS menu is present so you can explore those common options menus that control basically everything and which are a bit more dangerous to mess with.
ASUS's software suite includes ASUS AISuite (that has many different software applications that support everything from overclocking to fan control), AURA, GameFirst IV, RAMDisk, RAMCache II, Keybot II, Sonic Studio III, Sonic Radar III, and many more.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme (AMD X370) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme (AMD X370) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Crosshair VI Extreme Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit