ASUS's UEFI for the Crosshair VI Extreme is very similar to that of the Crosshair VI Hero, but it does have some minor differences. You get OC profiles built in for extreme overclocking or even a gamer's 4GHz profile. You get many more DRAM timing settings than were available before through the AGESA 188.8.131.52 update. Fan control is also a bit more straightforward because of the new radiator fan grouping technique, where you can set up fans in groups for radiators. Overall, ASUS's UEFI was solid, and most of the settings have a decent description. Also, AMD"s CBS menu is present so you can explore those common options menus that control basically everything and which are a bit more dangerous to mess with.
ASUS's software suite includes ASUS AISuite (that has many different software applications that support everything from overclocking to fan control), AURA, GameFirst IV, RAMDisk, RAMCache II, Keybot II, Sonic Studio III, Sonic Radar III, and many more.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme (AMD X370) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme (AMD X370) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Crosshair VI Extreme Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- BioWare can redeem Anthem, Star Citizen creator says
- RAGE 2 looks like a Ubisoft game, and it needs multiplayer
- Hideo Kojima could use streaming to meld gaming and movies
- Mortal Kombat 11's crazy grind incentivizes mtx spending
- Why consoles are so important to big publishers
- B450 Aorus Elite won't recognize Windows USB stick.
- [H270M-ITX/ac] Cannot POST with PCIE NIC card
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- Bunnies and eggs in a War Game...seriously?
- Huawei Announces Its New 'Four-Engines' Brand Strategy, Leading Intelligent IP Networks
- Match Three Pirates! Heir to Davy Jones Now Available on Steam!
- Inon Zur Premieres New Track 'Shelyay'
- 'Days Gone' Original Soundtrack Available Now