Case Build & Finished Product
Even with the build now completed, the view through the front glass is not much different. We can see hints that there are components inside of the chassis, but nothing stands out to detract from the sleek, clean look Thermaltake conveys with this chassis.
Using a thick radiator at the top, along with the fan to cool it, we still cleared the memory and the heat sinks without conflict there. The ATX motherboard looks tiny is such a vast expanse of space, and we love the look of the vertically mounted GPU. The HDD bays are well away from the video card, and even the SPU installs cleanly without a mess of wires visible.
We did not need the external water cooling holes, and we doubt anyone really will. The rear I/O cover snapped into place without issue, the video card aligns well, and we had no issues with the PSU mounting either.
Opting for cable extensions allows us to hide most of the colored wiring at the bottom of the chassis, and helped to bundle the wires, so they look less messy with the glass panel covering it. There is a lack of 8-pin wire tie points, and we were left to hide some of the connections off to the left. All is well though, as there was more than enough room to accommodate what we attempted to do here.
With the tempered glass panel back in place and the limited tint that the glass contains, you will be able to see all of the chassis wiring done in the View 71 TG. At the same time, if you wish to show off the stickers on the storage drives, the tempered glass will easily show all of those as well.
While the glass panels all around the View 71 TG look stunning, and we also like the angles and gaps to allow access and unimpeded airflow into the chassis, the lack of tint is what won us over. So many times, at this point, we do not get a view of all the components, and with the View 71 TG, backlit or not, it is easy to see what is going on inside.
With power now surging through the system and chassis, we do notice the sound of the chassis fans which are running with 12V of power, to the tune of 35 dB. The blue Riing fans do look nice, but we do wish we had two more for the front. Other than that, we like what we see, and the noise level is not something out of control and can be dealt with.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Thermaltake View 71 TG Full-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the View 71 TG]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Kingdom Hearts honors 90 years of Mickey Mouse with trailer
- PES 2019 demo will be released on PC/consoles on August 8th
- Kong: Skull Island director discusses possible Zelda movie
- Blizzard teams with Hasbro for Overwatch Nerf toy guns
- Ion Maiden delayed to 2019
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit