The 8GB of GDDR5X can be overclocked significantly, as I was able to reach the dizzying heights of 11Gbps (up from the stock 10Gbps frequency). With an overclock of 504MHz (5508MHz) the memory bandwidth shot up to 352GB/sec, providing some good headroom for high-res gaming and benchmarking.
I could overclock the GPU to 2100MHz maximum, with the SWORIZER cooler keeping the card under 60C at all times. Even when I was testing Ethereum mining performance, the COLORFUL iGame GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC graphics card didn't see temperatures of over 60C, and that's with the GDDR5X @ 11Gbps and the GPU at stock frequency (heck, even when it was overclocked it didn't go above 60C).
For the gamers out there who have a 1080p gaming display, NVIDIA still rules the mainstream game with the GeForce GTX 1080. We can see that the COLORFUL iGame GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC can handle its own at 1080p, beating the reference card, and coming close to the GTX 1080 Ti since you're more CPU bound at 1080p compared to 1440p, or 4K.
Rise of the Tomb Raider running at 117FPS average on the iGame GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC, compared to 129FPS on the GTX 1080 Ti FE, and it's just 1FPS faster than the GTX 1080 FE. We have a little more power in Shadow of Mordor, with 164FPS average compared to 156FPS average on the GTX 1080 FE. The GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE and Radeon RX Vega 64 LCE are both 10FPS+ better than the iGame GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Epic invests $100 million into eSports scene for Fortnite
- NZXT announces Battle Royale H700i 'Ninja Edition' case
- PUBG performance improvements, limb penetration coming soon
- Intel and Micron reveal industry's first QLC NAND flash
- Red Dead Redemption running at 8K on Unreal Engine 4
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit