X299 XPOWER GAMING AC Circuit Analysis Continued
The audio section of the motherboard features the Realtek ALC1220 along with an OP1652 amplifier, as the ALC1220 only has one amplified output (for the rear port on this board). Gold series audio capacitors improve audio quality, and the audio section of the PCB is physically isolated from the rest of the motherboard.
An Intel i219v complements the integrated Gbit MAC in the PCH for one of the Gbit LAN ports, and an i211AT is used as a standalone NIC for the second Gbit LAN port.
An Intel Wireless-AC 8265NGW is used for 2x2 867Mbps WIFI and BT 4.2. An ASMedia ASM1061 provides two extra SATA6Gb/s ports.
Two ASMedia ASM3142 each get x2 PCI-E 3.0 to produce the two rear USB 3.1 ports and the internal USB 3.1 type-C header. ASmedia ASM1543 are used to provide type-C switch capability and CC logic.
The rear IO panel features six USB 3.0 ports from two ASMedia ASM1074 hubs which each take in one USB 3.0 port and output three.
I counted at least four ASMedia ASM1464 USB 3.1 re-drivers (two near the rear IO and two near the internal header) that would help to improve USB 3.0 signaling across the PCB or longer distances. I found many nuvoTon chipsets all over the motherboard, most of which are used to expand fan and hardware monitoring capabilities. The NCT7802Y are used as hardware monitoring/fan control ICs, and the nuvoTon NCT5605Y are used as GPIO extenders (OC features, lighting, etc.) Each header also gets a nuvoton NCT3947, which provides, even more, fan control capabilities and auto sensing.
An ICS 6V41742B is used as the clock generator that provides expanded BCLK capabilities, and an ICS 9DB433AGLF is used as a clock buffer to support more PCI-E devices.
A nuvoTon NCT6795D is the main super IO used for system management, PS/2, and basic fan control and system monitoring. Digital RGB LED control is through an NEC R5F104BCA microcontroller, it controls the RGB LEDs built into the motherboard.
The motherboard has two BIOS ROMs, and I believe the NXP LPC812 chip pictures on the right is used for USB BIOS recovery, as it's an ARM-based microcontroller.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI X299 XPOWER GAMING AC Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI X299 XPOWER GAMING AC Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 XPOWER GAMING AC Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI X299 XPOWER GAMING AC Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI X299 XPOWER GAMING AC Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit