Mionix Hub Software
After downloading and installing the Hub version 1.4 software, once opened, this is what you will see. On the left are the optional tabs to search through, while there is a huge image of the mouse in the center. In the Buttons tab, we can address what the buttons will do, and above that, we can add profiles too.
By clicking on the plus sign next to the word profiles, we find that you can add up to six profiles to customize this Castor Ice Cream Mouse. This can be very handy, but you will need to go into software every time you wish to change a profile, or you have to reassign a button.
Speaking of reassigning buttons, we chose the left click button, and a drop-down menu appears. You may select mouse functions, multimedia commands, keyboard shortcuts which we have expanded in a submenu as well as eight other options, and there is the option to disable the buttons too.
In the performance section, we first find a checkbox to enable X and Y axis controls above a slider for the DPI settings. By default, there is only one, but we have added four more steps, all of which can be addressed in 50 DPI segments from 50 to 5000 DPI. There is a slider for angle snapping, one for the polling rate, one for angle tuning, and another for click latency, which is to help the mouse and keyboard not combat each other for signals.
In the info section, this is where you can see the version of the firmware that is running the Castor, and we have updated to the latest, version 0.15, which has grayed out the update button. In this window, you can also click for downloads, FAQs, support, or go directly to the Mionix home page. If you do happen to screw anything up, if setting has changed, the reset to factory defaults button would be able to be used.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Mionix Castor Ice Cream Gaming and Artist Mouse retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Mionix Castor Ice Cream Gaming and Artist Mouse retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Mionix Castor Ice Cream Mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the Castor Ice Cream]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit