Mionix Castor Ice Cream Mouse
The left side of the Mionix Castor Ice Cream is light blue, just like the rest of the mouse. There is a large rubberized grip area under the pair of thumb buttons, while the rest of the side panel has that soft touch coating applied to it.
The back of the Castor is where we can see all four major components coming together. Both sides, as well as the middle section, where the Mionix logo is painted on the heel of the mouse, all get the special coating, but the brilliantly color matched lower section is textured plastic.
While the last image hinted at it, the view of the right side of the Castor Ice Cream has a pair of grooves that run down the length of it. This is to give the ring and pinky fingers a place to rest comfortably, and aid in grip when the need to lift the mouse comes into play.
The front edge of the Castor offers two large buttons which are wavy in shape, to help center your fingers on them. The way they surround the center section of the mouse is done neat and cleanly, and we also see that the cable emanates from right in the center of this mouse.
On top of the Castor, we spot the segmented scroll wheel, which is rubberized, and the color blends seamlessly with the rest of the mouse. The button behind the wheel is intended by default to move through the DPI settings, but there is only one setting offered without software customization.
On the underside of the mouse, we see that the eye of the optical sensor is nearly dead center. In front of it is one wide foot for the front to glide on, and a slightly larger one at the back, both made of PTFE. Rather than a product sticker with a serial number, we get a sticker with the Mionix name and the word craftsmanship under it.
Mionix did everything they could to ensure that all parts of this design match in the color and they did a fine job picking the braided sleeve to cover the two meters of cable. We do find that Mionix has added a Ferrite choke to the cable before you run into the stylized connector cover, and the non-gold plated USB 2.0 connection.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Mionix Castor Ice Cream Gaming and Artist Mouse retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Mionix Castor Ice Cream Gaming and Artist Mouse retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Mionix Castor Ice Cream Mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the Castor Ice Cream]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Piranha Plant debuts 'February'
- Mortal Kombat 11 on Switch has 'geometry reductions' & more
- New Layers of Fear 2 trailer cruises the midnight seas
- How to redeem your Piranha Plant, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Square Enix to make more HD-2D games like Octopath Traveler
- Optimum Health Optimum Health is conjugated linoleic risky.
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019