The 7980XE and 7960X both show potential in CINEBENCH single and multithreaded performance. While they are faster than the competition, they cost a significant amount more. I should mention that the overclock result does throttle in some benchmarks, and it's due to CPU temperature, as even at 4.4GHz and 1.2v, the CPU gets very hot. If we look at wPrime, the 16 core Intel and AMD chips are very close, while two extra cores chop off a few seconds.
Overclocking the CPU brought in really great results in wPrime. AIDA64 FPU results (I did look at double precision FLOPS, and they were close to 1TFLOP, ~970GFLOPS) are very promising. However, AIDA64 did mention that results with Skylake-X aren't optimized (so they could be a bit buggy). Memory bandwidth when overclocked with XMP (3600MHz C16) are impressive, as are memory latency results.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 official PC system requirements revealed
- Father of Sonic joins Square Enix to work on new game
- Stardew Valley was the most downloaded Switch game in 2017
- Vive Pro's recommended PC specs may get bumped up
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series