The 7980XE and 7960X both show potential in CINEBENCH single and multithreaded performance. While they are faster than the competition, they cost a significant amount more. I should mention that the overclock result does throttle in some benchmarks, and it's due to CPU temperature, as even at 4.4GHz and 1.2v, the CPU gets very hot. If we look at wPrime, the 16 core Intel and AMD chips are very close, while two extra cores chop off a few seconds.
Overclocking the CPU brought in really great results in wPrime. AIDA64 FPU results (I did look at double precision FLOPS, and they were close to 1TFLOP, ~970GFLOPS) are very promising. However, AIDA64 did mention that results with Skylake-X aren't optimized (so they could be a bit buggy). Memory bandwidth when overclocked with XMP (3600MHz C16) are impressive, as are memory latency results.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit