X399 Professional Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued
The Realtek ALC1220 is rated for 120dB SNR for the main headphone output. The codec also has an integrated amplifier for the headphone/speaker jack, and ASRock added a Texas Instruments NE5532 to amplify the front panel header output. Gold electrolytic audio capacitors are used to improve audio quality, as is a physical PCB divide.
We find the Aquantia AQC107 NBase-T controller which supports 10Gbit, 5, 2.5, 1, and 100Mbit Ethernet. It is part of a new class of NICs and performs quite well. We find two Intel i211AT 1Gbit NICs on the motherboard as well.
An Intel Wireless AC 3168NGW 1x1 Wireless AC card is used to provide up to 433Mbps of WIFI. An ICS clock generator is used to enhance clock overclocking; its model number is ICS 9VRS4883BKLF.
Two Pericom PI3EQX USB 3.1 re-drivers improve USB 3.1 signals from the X399 chipset. An ASMedia ASM1543 type-C switch and CC logic chip are used for the rear IO panel's type-C port. A FlashBack IC provides the USB BIOS recovery feature.
The main SuperIO is a NuvoTon NCT6779D and provides system monitoring and PS/2 on the rear IO. A nuvoton N76E885AT20 provides RGB LED control, and a drivers and receivers chip (labeled 232GG) provides the COM port header.
The motherboard features two ASMedia ASM1480 that switch x4 PCI-E 3.0 from the CPU to either M2_1 or the U.2 port.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X399 Professional Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit