Packaging and Overview
The motherboard's box and packaging are similar to the rest of ASRock's killer lineup. The motherboard itself is packaged slightly better than other high-end ASRock motherboards and is well protected in the box.
The accessory package includes 4-way SLI bridge, 3-way SLI bridge, SLI HB bridge, four SATA6Gb/s cables, WIFI antenna, IO shield, manuals, and driver DVD.
All the headers on the motherboard are hybrid DC/PWM mode headers and can be configured in the UEFI. The three headers circled in blue offers up to 1A of current while the two circled in red offer up to 1.5A. The motherboard's aesthetics are surprising for a motherboard in ASRock's "Gaming" series. For starters, there is almost no red in the heat sinks of shields, and that is a good thing, especially for the X399 platform. While the PCB uses a much different silk screen design than the Taichi, it still can offer some style if you want it. The back of the motherboard is bare of components except for POSCAPs.
The rear IO panel features BIOS Flashback button, PS/2 keyboard/mouse port, WIFI antenna, eight USB 3.0 ports, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, two Gbit ports, one 10Gbit port, and 7.1 gold-plated audio outputs with S/PDIF output.
Just like almost every other X399 motherboard, the PCI-E slots are hard-wired x16/x8/x16/x8 PCI-E 3.0. A single PCI-E 2.0 x1 slot is located at the center, and there isn't a x4 slot because the Aquantia 10G NIC gets those four lanes from the X399 chipset. There are three x4 PCI-E 3.0 M.2 slots, the topmost one shares x4 with the U.2 port.
The motherboard features eight SATA6Gb/s ports, all connected to the chipset. There is also a U.2 port and a PCI-E power connector to enhance the amount of power to the PCI-E slots. At the top right corner of the motherboard, we find a MOS_Prochot switch, which ASRock calls a Xtreme OC switch, I think it disables OTP for the VRMs. The motherboard also features dual CPU power inputs, with the 8-pin at the top right corner.
A second CPU input power connector accepts a 4-pin CPU power plug. Right under the 24-pin connector is a USB 3.0 internal header and an RGB LED header.
At the bottom of the motherboard, we get another USB 3.0 internal header, power and reset buttons, a clear CMOS button, and a POST code display. There are two USB 2.0 internal headers and another RGB LED header at the bottom of the motherboard as well.
The motherboard has two HD audio connectors, and they are identical, you only need to use one at a time, but the reason for two is for case cable management. A COM port is located near the audio headers, and that is one feature this board has over the Taichi. The heat sinks are pretty big and heavy, and they should do a solid job of controlling VRM temperatures. The heat sink here for the VRM is similar to that on the Taichi, except it's also cooling the Aquantia 10G NIC.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X399 Professional Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media