You have just finished playing what is probably the most impressive graphics card solution on the market and you have trouble finding anything bad to say because as you glance at your test system, you see this card tower over the CPU cooler and go all the way to the end of the motherboard.
The card is big and might not fit in your case and maybe this is a con but we can simply say go buy a new case. If you're worried your power supply can't handle it, well that is no excuse as it doesn't even touch it - so not only does it not require a 800 watt PSU but it looks awesome with its own transformer. Pricing is supposed to be sitting at roughly $900US which does make it expensive as you can get two 7800GTs for roughly $800US.
With that said though there is rumor that the upcoming Release 90 series of drivers from nVidia are going to support quad GPUs in SLI which means that with two 7800GT Dual you are going to have the ultimate gaming setup. Yes that is extreme but so is two 7800GTXs. You opt for a solution like this not because you need the best but because you want the best of the best.
SLI doesn't see advantages everywhere and in that case we find that the single card 7800GTX solution is quicker sometimes - this doesn't matter though, as if you buy two 7800GTs or a 7800GT Dual, some games just don't take advantage of the SLI function. nVidia though are adding more and more support to the games list so just because a game doesn't make use of SLI this week, it may next week or next month.
With the little engraving that says Limited Edition or the sheer coolness of the 7800GT Dual, it is just such a great graphics card. People who are opting for a 7800GT SLI setup should begin to think twice before purchasing two single cards as if the 90 series of Forceware drivers does support a quad GPU SLI setup, you may find yourself disappointed at the fact that you have no more PCI Express slots. A solution like this is also going to start making use of the extra lanes on offer with the A8N32-SLI which we looked at a few weeks back and other motherboards making use of the SLI 16x chipset.
If you thought the graphics card market was hot now you better pull out those fans and strip some layers because it's only going to get hotter. ASUS are looking after the enthusiasts in a big way and their 7800GT Dual kicks much ass!
Low noise level (very surprising indeed)
Just plain looks cool
Doesn't use your power supply
$100 more than two 7800GTs
A new case might be needed
The 7800GT Dual is for people who want what is probably the coolest graphics card solution on the market at the moment and not afraid to spend the dollars and is not for people who think their SLI budget can stretch no further than a pair of 6600GTs.
We have also just noticed that ASUS have added to the list of Supported Motherboards which now includes the highly popular Gigabyte K8NXP SLI and DFI Lanparty UT SLI-DR. We assume it would also support the highly anticipated SLI-DR Expert as well due out in the coming weeks.
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Because science: sperm used to deliver cancer drug to tumors
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Bad Company 3 could be joined by new Battlefield set in WWII
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series