Packaging and Overview
The box features a picture of what I assume is Thor's Hammer, and as part of BIOSTAR's Pro series, it should offer decent quality, but the motherboard's cost is very low. Packaging is done well; the motherboard is protected.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, IO shield, manual, and driver DVD.
BIOSTAR put two PWM only headers on the motherboard circled in red. These headers provide 12v to the power pin of the motherboard and then control the fan using the 4th pin (PWM signal) on the motherboard. That means that 3-pin fans will run at full speed on this motherboard. The motherboard costs slightly over $50, so I didn't even expect a black PCB or colored slots, but BIOSTAR delivers on the aesthetic side of things.
The motherboard is meant to just work, and it does work by providing the basics. The motherboard's small mATX form factor is quite small, but the motherboard only provides 2-DIMMs, while some other mATX boards are capable of providing four DIMMs. The back of the motherboard is quite bare, which is a good thing.
The IO panel features PS/2 keyboard, PS?2 mouse, HDMI, VGA(D-SUB), two USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, Gbit LAN port, headphone jack, line-in jack, and a microphone jack.
The B350 and A320 chipset motherboards do not support more than a single x16 PCI-E slot, and that is what we have here. The two PCI-E 2.0 x1 slots are routed to the A230 chipset. The motherboard provides four SATA6Gb/s ports and a USB 3.0 internal header.
A single 4-pin CPU power connector is all you need for a Ryzen 7 1800X CPU, especially since you can't overclock it. The motherboard's front panel connectors are located in the lower right-hand corner of the motherboard.
Two USB 2.0 headers are stacked near the clear CMOS jumper to the right of the COM header.
Surprisingly, the heat sinks and shields are screwed onto the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and A320MH Pro Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR A320MH Pro Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR A320MH Pro Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Civilization VI: Gathering Storm - Biggest Civ Expansion yet
- Marvel's Spider-Man: 'Turf Wars' DLC released, new trailer
- Amazon Japan has $650+ Smash UItimate Amiibo set available
- Warframe makes its way to the Nintendo Switch, available now
- Overview trailer released for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- The computer always restarts
- X79 Extreme11 NVMe - PLEASE HELP
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- olloclip Introduces Add-On Lens Clips for Apple's Newest iPhones
- ROCCAT celebrates website relaunch with fantastic deals
- QNAP Launches the Mustang-200 Computing Accelerator Card
- Manli announces GeForce RTX 2080 Ti & GeForce RTX 2070
- Stunning New Character Strikes Her Way into DEAD OR ALIVE 6