Packaging and Overview
The box features a picture of what I assume is Thor's Hammer, and as part of BIOSTAR's Pro series, it should offer decent quality, but the motherboard's cost is very low. Packaging is done well; the motherboard is protected.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, IO shield, manual, and driver DVD.
BIOSTAR put two PWM only headers on the motherboard circled in red. These headers provide 12v to the power pin of the motherboard and then control the fan using the 4th pin (PWM signal) on the motherboard. That means that 3-pin fans will run at full speed on this motherboard. The motherboard costs slightly over $50, so I didn't even expect a black PCB or colored slots, but BIOSTAR delivers on the aesthetic side of things.
The motherboard is meant to just work, and it does work by providing the basics. The motherboard's small mATX form factor is quite small, but the motherboard only provides 2-DIMMs, while some other mATX boards are capable of providing four DIMMs. The back of the motherboard is quite bare, which is a good thing.
The IO panel features PS/2 keyboard, PS?2 mouse, HDMI, VGA(D-SUB), two USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, Gbit LAN port, headphone jack, line-in jack, and a microphone jack.
The B350 and A320 chipset motherboards do not support more than a single x16 PCI-E slot, and that is what we have here. The two PCI-E 2.0 x1 slots are routed to the A230 chipset. The motherboard provides four SATA6Gb/s ports and a USB 3.0 internal header.
A single 4-pin CPU power connector is all you need for a Ryzen 7 1800X CPU, especially since you can't overclock it. The motherboard's front panel connectors are located in the lower right-hand corner of the motherboard.
Two USB 2.0 headers are stacked near the clear CMOS jumper to the right of the COM header.
Surprisingly, the heat sinks and shields are screwed onto the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and A320MH Pro Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR A320MH Pro Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR A320MH Pro Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Obi-Wan Star Wars show coming on Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Epic Games Store is changing for the better
- Destiny 2's crunch will help streamline Destiny 3
- RNGesus blesses Destiny 2 with new expansive Armor 2.0 update
- Choosing a VPN for gaming: Here's what you need to know
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director