Here are key points about the ASRock Z270 Taichi.
Excellent Quality VRM: The Z270 Taichi uses the latest digital PWM controller matched with Texas Instruments NexFETs. They double up phases in the right way, and disperse heat among more area, and thus have a very cool operating VRM capable of overclocking your CPU to its limits.
Triple M.2: ASRock implemented the maximum amount of M.2 slots, and they made sure to switch some of that bandwidth with SATA ports rather than PCI-E lanes so that you can RAID all three slots.
10 SATA Ports: Using two ASMedia ASM1061 controllers, ASRock effectively increased SATA port count by 66% over the chipset's native offering. If you use all the M.2 slots, you lose a large amount of native SATA ports, but you still get the four extra from the ASMedia controllers.
Aesthetics: The white and black Ying Yang symbol creates a great visual effect, where the chipset heat sink, VRM heat sink, and PCB silk screen merge into one. The motherboard also has an RGB LED header so that you can expand on the built in RGB LEDs under the PCH heat sink.
1x1 WIFI: I bet ASRock is probably tired of me placing the 1x1 WIFI controller in the cons list, but at this price, I expect 2x2. Although, if you are just browsing the web or doing low bandwidth things such as playing games, it's not a huge deal.
The ASRock Z270 Taichi might be the last Z270 motherboard we are going to review, and the platform hasn't even been out for a year. The chipset is a refresh of the Z170 chipset, and it's loaded with features. All of those HSIO lanes allow for some very interesting configurations, and ASRock has done a fine job with them on the Z270 Taichi.
The Z270 Taichi is a perfect balance of Ying and Yang and offers a high amount of flexibility, aesthetic appeal, performance, quality, and design logic. It's a perfect motherboard for anyone looking to hop on the Z270 train with a 7700K, as it is still one of the fastest gaming CPUs around.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||93%|
The Bottom Line: ASRock's fully loaded and heavily optimized Z270 Taichi offers a perfect balance of price, performance, and quality.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock Z270 Taichi Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASRock Z270 Taichi Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270 Taichi Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Z270 Taichi Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Z270 Taichi Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Ball FighterZ first DLC unlocks Broly, Bardock
- Final Fantasy XV PC mods can be whimsical and absurd
- Atari gets into crypto, offers Atari Token and Pong Token
- AMD offers free Ryzen APU so owners can flash their firmware
- SanDisk now shipping 400GB microSD card, pumps 100MB/sec
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler Review
- OWC ThunderBlade V4 4TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit