After downloading, installing, and running the Viper software, this is what you will be greeted with first. One large window to do all the things. Down the left side, we find that we can adjust the lighting effects of the keyboard and the rest separately before we find the LED brightness and speed sliders. You may also address the response time, report rate, and select if you go to game mode or Windows key lock mode when the print screen button and Function key are pressed.
Rather than to call out all of the modes, we decided to show the drop-down box with all of the choices. Not only is the V770 equipped with eleven preset modes, but there are also five profiles which can be set to your specifications.
The palm rest has a lesser list of options, but we do see that there are four modes to use. Static and breathing modes can be adjusted in the colors, but with Vortex and Wave modes, the colors choices have been made for you.
If you are in the static mode, for either the keyboard or rest LEDs, you click on an empty box, and another window pops up. You can select one of the forty-eight presets, use the HSL and RGB numbers to get the desired color or use the spectrum image and the slider to the right of it.
When you click on the profiles tab, you can click on the same word and rename it, but you need to create profiles on the keyboard for more of them to be shown here. You can also import profiles from previous RGB keyboards, or export ones which are not used much to the storage drive of the PC.
Clicking on the Macros tab brings up this window. Simply click new, and name the Macro in the left window. You then click on start recording, enter the chain of commands, and then click stop recording. The commands will show in the middle column, and to the right, you can use time delays or loop the command.
By clicking on any of the keys in the keyboard image, another window is shown. For this image, we selected the Y key, and are shown that this is where you assign everything you have done with the rest of the software. This includes the Macro keys as well as the Profile keys, and you can change everything from its function to the lighting produced under it, and it is the backbone of how the majority of the customizations are done.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The Patriot Viper V770 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Patriot Viper V770 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Viper V770 RGB Continued]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 creative director leaves, should we be concerned?
- New Obi-Wan Star Wars show coming on Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Epic Games Store is changing for the better
- Destiny 2's crunch will help streamline Destiny 3
- RNGesus blesses Destiny 2 with new expansive Armor 2.0 update
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director