Viper V770 RGB Continued
Dead center on the back edge, there is a panel which extends outward. This is to be used to hold onto a phone or a tablet. With so many games offering mobile apps for maps, weapons and goodies, and things of that nature, this is a handy feature to have. If you do not need it, simply leave it in, and nobody is any wiser.
The rubber cable is sleeved in a red and black braid, which can be tied up with the hook and loop strap if you need to travel with the V770. At the end of the cable we see it breaks into four connections for the HD Audio connections, as well as a pair of USB 2.0 connections, one for the port, and the other to power the keyboard. All of which are gold plated.
The underside of the V770 is just as stylish as the rest of the design. With ribbed sections and inset angular shapes, it is built to be rigid as well as to support the keys above it. Three thin feet are found on the front edge, with much larger feet in the back corners, even a much larger one under where the mobile devices will sit.
On either side, at the back of the keyboard, there is a pair of flip out feet. These open quite wide, leaving the foot not quite as tall as many others, but there is less chance of collapse. We also like that the feet have rubber pads on them to ensure the V770 will not slide around.
We removed a few of the keycaps to see what was to be found under them. We find that the majority of the keys are Kailh Red switches, and the larger keys have exposed torsion bars. The reason we say "most" is that some of the extra function buttons do not feel mechanical, and we could not open this keyboard to verify.
The keycaps are standard for the industry. They are made of plastic with the initial white mold. Once that was done, they are painted, and the legends are etched. Each cap sports standard Cherry MX stems so custom keycaps are an easy option, and we can also see the holders for the torsion bar in the wider cap.
All that was left to do was to power the Viper V770 and see what happens. By default, the V770 RGB is in the Wave Mode and is displaying the full spectrum of colors. With the wrist rest in place, we also see that the stripe and Viper log are following the colors presented on the keys. All in all, a super slick looking keyboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Patriot Viper V770 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Patriot Viper V770 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Patriot Viper V770 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Viper V770 RGB Continued]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, 5th best selling game for 2018
- Nintendo to reveal 'Indie Highlights' games for Switch 2019
- Overwatch tease 'Lunar New Year' Chinese dynasty theme skins
- FromSoftware President wouldn't mind a Demon Souls Remaster
- Resident Evil 2 to get 'Ghost Survivors' mode after launch
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- AZZ Inc. Issues Fiscal Year 2020 Guidance; Revenue of $950 - $1,030 million and Earnings per Share of $2.25 - $2.75
- The mobile communication antenna market will register a CAGR of over 6% by 2023
- Tractica and ConnecTechAsia Team Up with Knowledge Partnership
- ODEM Applauds Blockchain Centre Vilnius on Its First Anniversary
- Dale North Kicks Off PERFECT SELECTION Compilation Series