Patriot Viper V770 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
The left side of the V770 is not only highly stylized with an inset shape and various angles, but there is also the USB 2.0 pass-through port here as well. To take things a step further, Patriot also adds in an LED stripe, which uses its own source of LED light to add some lighting to the desktop as well.
Typically, we would be looking at seventy-four of the 104-key layout, but the V770 has eighty-seven keys showing in this image. The legends on the keys are shifted up on the caps to allow the LED light to pass through the keycaps, and we see dashes in the space bar for added lighting, and the Function key sports the Viper logo.
At the left edge of the Viper V770, five buttons are running vertically. These simply have the Viper log on them, they are marked one through five, and are intended to be used as Macro buttons. These can be programmed on-the-fly, or via software.
At the top, still, at the left edge of the keyboard, we find eight LED buttons. The first six go through modes like the wave, reactive, snake, rain drop, pulsing color shift, static color shift, where the last two buttons increase or decrease the LED intensity in three levels.
On the Function keys, we find that F1 through F5 all have fan symbols and numbers on them. These are used for customizing the profiles and the LED lighting shown on each of them.
The right portion of the top of the keyboard has all the thirty keys one would expect to find. The commands are all there, there is a full number pad, and a set of arrows. Speaking of the arrow keys, this is where you can address the motion of an LED mode.
At the top edge, we find three paddle switches, which allows the user to use play/pause or stop with the first one, fast forward or reverse with the second, and the last5 switch will find the next or previous track. For volume control, slide the cylinder away, and it goes up, roll it towards you to lower it, and push it down to mute sounds. We can also see the Gaming Mode key, the Record button, and on the page up and down buttons, we can increase or decrease the speed of things like the wave pattern.
The right6 edge of the Viper V770 is nearly identical to what the left side offers, except that the view is reversed, and rather than a USB port, we find the 3.5mm audio pass-through port. Unlike when the keyboard was resting flat on the table, with the feet extended, the angle of the caps has increased, and don't forget; there is a rest which makes it more comfortable to use still.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Patriot Viper V770 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Patriot Viper V770 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Patriot Viper V770 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Viper V770 RGB Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit