Here are key points about the GIGABYTE P56XT.
GTX 1070 and 7700HQ: NVIDIA's Pascal mobile GPUs are top of the line, and while the GTX 1070 isn't the best Pascal GPU NVIDIA has to offer, it's still an excellent option for gaming. Paired with an i7-7700HQ, the two are well suited for powerful mobile gaming.
ThunderBolt 3: The GIGABYTE P56XT provides one ThunderBolt 3.0 port, which also acts as a normal type-C USB 3.1 port and even DisplayPort. It's a solid port with a wide array of possibilities and up to 40Gb/s of bandwidth, so if the GTX 1070 ever goes out, you can dock to an external GPU.
Dual M.2: While the notebook only comes with a single M.2 drive installed, there is a second M.2 slot empty and ready for another drive using the latest and greatest storage and controller technology.
4K Display: The 15.6" 4K UHD anti-glare IPS display is designed for high resolution viewing of a wide array of content as well as gaming. I like the anti-glare coating on the screen; it seemed quite effective.
RGB Keyboard: The keyboard isn't like your typical RGB LED keyboards as you can actually individually program each key's color. The feature is made possible through addressable (digital) RGB LEDs, rather than traditional RGBs that are controlled in larger groups. The feature also allows for some really neat features, such as a wave of changing colors.
Can get loud: With the GTX 1070 and i7-7700HQ set at high performance when on AC power, the notebook's fans have to keep up, and that means noise. The issue with notebooks is that everyone wants a thinner notebook, and thinner fans are typically less effective. The notebook does have a nice headphone jack to get around this, and the speakers aren't bad either.
The first thing you notice when you open the notebook's display is a pamphlet asking you to write a review on Newegg, Amazon, blogs, or even social media to get a free gift. That is how dedicated GIGABYTE is to improving their notebook lineup, something which they have been doing in the USA for many years. It was only a few years ago that GIGABYTE started selling their notebooks in the states, and since then they have made major improvements to their notebooks, and they have kept up with bigger players.
The P56XT is a perfect example of a solid gaming notebook. While I don't think a GTX 1070 and 7700HQ can play newer games at 4K, you can always shift into 1440P (2K) where 60FPS and above is attainable on the hardware. The newer processors are also the first that will allow you to stream online content such as Netflix in 4K, and that is because of DRM lockdowns. I like how GIGABYTE provided the notebook with a solid 90Wh battery and ThunderBolt 3 port, and the keyboard is also quite impressive.
If you are looking for a high-end gaming notebook that should last you for years, give the P56XT a look.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||93%|
The Bottom Line: GIGABYTE's P56XT gaming laptop packs the latest in mobile CPU and GPU technology in a slender, sleek, and fully-featured notebook.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo reveal Diablo III: Eternal Collection Switch bundle
- Black Ops 4 physical sales down 50% compared WWII
- Mega Man 11 only had around 40 developers in the team
- Fortnite leak showcases a soon to be released gifting system
- A re-introduction into Old School RuneScape: New/Old players
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon