At idle the notebook is actually pretty cool, but that is partly due to the fan profile, which tends to be a bit aggressive. You can turn down the fan profile as it does get loud when gaming or doing intensive tasks.
The screen gets much warmer than the keyboard, and during very strenuous loads on the CPU, GPU, and FPU (as on the right) the notebook doesn't become uncomfortable.
We see the same thing on the bottom and back of the notebook as we do on the front and top of the notebook, it stays cool at idle and warms up at load. 64C is not the hottest I have seen, but it is still quite warm and is probably only possible when the notebook is plugged in.
The fans can get quite loud in this situation, but they do a good job of pushing off the throttle point for a few extra minutes. I should note that this thermal test was done in worst case synthetic conditions.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New No Man's Sky Visions updated leaked
- Telltale's The Walking Dead climbs out of its grave
- New digital-only Xbox reveal likely for E3 2019
- 5 minutes of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's 'World of Light'
- Fury's rage showcased in two new Darksiders III trailers
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- Z390 Taichi Onboard LED issue
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card