At idle the notebook is actually pretty cool, but that is partly due to the fan profile, which tends to be a bit aggressive. You can turn down the fan profile as it does get loud when gaming or doing intensive tasks.
The screen gets much warmer than the keyboard, and during very strenuous loads on the CPU, GPU, and FPU (as on the right) the notebook doesn't become uncomfortable.
We see the same thing on the bottom and back of the notebook as we do on the front and top of the notebook, it stays cool at idle and warms up at load. 64C is not the hottest I have seen, but it is still quite warm and is probably only possible when the notebook is plugged in.
The fans can get quite loud in this situation, but they do a good job of pushing off the throttle point for a few extra minutes. I should note that this thermal test was done in worst case synthetic conditions.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- Samsung's new GDDR6 should power next-gen GeForce RTX 2080
- Resident Evil 2 Premium Edition costs a huge $900
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX overclocked to 6GHz with LN2
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market