A simple yet elegant black box contains foam divider packaging that ensures the safe arrival of your gaming notebook.
Accessories include a swappable ODD bay, AC/DC power brick, AC power cord, manual, and DVDs. The adapter is rated roughly 200W (19.5v at 10.4a).
While the notebook is a gaming notebook, on the outside it just looks sleek and simple. Many people like an elegant gaming notebook, as then they can play games and take around their expensive hardware without raising too many eye brows. The bottom of the notebook features intake vendors for both blower fans as well as an open air vent for the top of the center of the CPU/GPU heat sinks. There are five rubber legs (two big at the back and three small at the front) to help the notebook stay in place.
The front of the notebook features speaker vents and then your ODD drive, in this case, a DVD drive. The rear of the unit features two large exhaust vents. The right and left sides have this orange streak down the top of either side and it a bit of fun to the chassis. The left side of the notebook features a 1Gbit LAN port, two USB 3.0 ports, headphone jack, microphone jack, and SD card reader slot. On the right side, we get a DC input plug, VGA(D-SUB) video output, HDMI 2.0, ThunderBolt 3.0, USB 3.0, and DisplayPort.
The full QWERTY keyboard is full size, features a number pad, and integrated arrow keys. The keyboard is full RGB and allows for individual programming of keys. It is a nice Chiclet style keyboard; it is soft to type on, large enough for those with large hands, and quite responsive. While I like the RGB lighting, it isn't super bright.
The touchpad is soft, and the click areas aren't clearly defined, and you might need to tune TP-rejection. It's responsive enough and features a battery gauge feature to figure out battery level when the unit is off.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Evil Dead game still happening
- Digital-only Xbox One may have pre-loaded services, games
- Xbox Game Pass is wildly successful
- Netflix's new price hike is biggest in company history
- Hitman HD Enhanced Collection released with launch trailer
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Comparison of directory opus and xyplorer
- Z390 Taichi Error Code 99 and A2
- The Silent Guardian: Antec present new Quiet Computing P101 Silent
- A Hero's Journey - Latest Total War: Three Kingdoms Cinematic Showcases A Jaw-Dropping China
- Pre-Order Metro Exodus From Any Physical Retailer To Secure An Exclusive Poster
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment An IO Interactive Launch Hitman HD Enhanced Collection
- Acer Debuts All-New Swift 7 with Compact Design and Incredible Screen-to-body Ratio