DOOM & Battlefield 1
In FPS games, the Rival 500 is not able to deliver everything it can, but at the same time, it is a very capable mouse for such game genres. Testing on both sides of the QcK Prism, we did end up preferring the polymer side for most of the FPS gaming we had done, but the cloth side has its advantages for those who prefer to snipe in games. Where the mouse came into its own is when we fired up DOTA. Yes, the game is old, but we were able to assign functions to the plethora of buttons and test out the Rival 500 for what it is intended for.
At this time, we appreciated the ergonomic layout of side buttons, as well as the extras we can use on the top. What took some time to get used to, was the tactile vibrations. At first, the feeling is strange, but as time goes on, an appreciation for not having to watch spells and abilities recharge is a huge advantage. You do not need to take your eyes off the action as a vibration will let you know when you are ready to recast. Thinking about what we liked with the QcK Prism, we found an advantage to both sides of the pad, as sometimes we liked to scroll the map with speed, but also see the benefit to the cloth when in close quarters battles.
Windows and Productivity
In our daily use is where we appreciated things like the zero-acceleration and lack of any angle snapping by default. As someone who spends hours upon hours working with Photoshop, the accuracy and ability of the pointer to be exactly where we expected it to be and move at all times is a huge advantage. Movements are smooth, accurate, and there are no signs of jitter or wander at even the highest CPI level.
The mouse is comfortable for the long haul, no matter the grip style, and it is large enough that we were not spilling over the mouse either. As for the mousepad, when surfing the web, the polymer side is better for flinging the mouse around for quick access to links or tabs, but in photo editing, the cloth side provides us with the best user experience.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The SteelSeries Rival 500 MOBA/MMO Gaming Mouse retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The SteelSeries Rival 500 MOBA/MMO Gaming Mouse retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Respawn: Apex Legends isn't viable without high priced skins
- Halo 6 creative director leaves, should we be concerned?
- New Obi-Wan Star Wars show coming on Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Epic Games Store is changing for the better
- Destiny 2's crunch will help streamline Destiny 3
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director