Right now, I am going to see how far the motherboard can push my 7900X. The best overclock (or typical one) able to pass my Handbrake 4K encoding benchmark for stability is 4.6GHz with 1.2v VCore.
I set 1.75 input voltage with LLC on Turbo, then I set the VCore to 1.22v, phases to extreme performance, and enabled XMP. With a CPU multiplier of 46x, I was easily able to achieve my target 3600Mhz memory and 4.6GHz CPU frequency with ease. Temperatures on the CPU went towards 85C, but only one core surpassed 80C.
Vendors are encouraged to send over their prime X299 memory kits to find out XMP compatibility for each of the motherboards I test.
The G.Skill 3600MHz CAS 16 kit easily hits its target, all I did was enable XMP.
GEIL's 32GB of EVO Spear hit 3200Mhz with ease as well.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299-AORUS Gaming 3 Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X299-AORUS Gaming 3 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X299-AORUS Gaming 3 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]