X399 Taichi Circuit Analysis Continued
ASRock is using a Realtek ALC1220 rated for 120dB and contains an integrated headphone amplifier. A second Texas Instruments NE5532 amplifier is used to amplify the integrated front panel header's headphone output, and gold electrolytic audio capacitors and a physical PCB divide help improve overall audio quality.
Two Intel i211AT Gbit NICs provide the two LAN ports on the rear IO. An Intel Wireless AC 3168NGW provides 433Mbps WIFI.
Two PI3EQX USB 3.1 re-drivers help to improve USB 3.1 signaling from the chipset's native USB 3.1 controller. The ASMedia ASM1543 is the type-C port switching controller. An ICS clock generator is used on the motherboard; the model number is 9VRS4883BKLF.
A BIOS Flashback chip is used to provide BIOS flash recovery from a USB stick. The nuvoTon NCT6779D is used as the SuperIO and provides fan control and other management features, as well as PS/2.
Nuvoton's N76E885AT20 provides RGB LED support through the two RGB LED headers and onboard RGB LEDs. There is also a Texas Instruments Level Shifter, used to change the voltage level of a signal, possibly helping connect some feature that works both with the CPU and chipset.
Two lone ASMedia ASM1480 are used to switch x4 PCI-E 3.0 from the CPU to either M2_1 or the U.2 port.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at the Amazon Canada website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X399 Taichi Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X399 Taichi Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X399 Taichi Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]