Jon's Consumer PCIe SSD Intel Review Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASRock OC Formula Z170 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Cooler: Swiftech H2O-320 Edge - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB 3200MHz - Buy from Amazon
- Video Card: Onboard Video
- Case: IN WIN X-Frame - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Seasonic Platinum 1000 Watt Modular - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
- Drivers: MS Win 10 NVMe driver
Corsair Neutron NX500 400GB AIC PCIe NVMe SSD OS Disk 75% Full
Corsair Neutron NX500 800GB AIC PCIe NVMe SSD OS Disk 75% Full
The majority of our testing is performed with our test drive as our boot volume. Our boot volume is 75% full for all OS Disk "C" drive testing to replicate a typical consumer OS volume implementation. We feel that most of you will be utilizing your SSDs for your boot volume and that presenting you with results from an OS volume is more relevant than presenting you with empty secondary volume results.
System settings: Cstates and Speed stepping are both disabled in our systems BIOS. Windows High-Performance power plan is enabled. Windows write caching is enabled, and Windows buffer flushing is disabled. We are utilizing Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OS (Build 14393) for all of our testing except for our MOP (Maxed-Out Performance) benchmarks where we switch to Windows Server 2012 R2 64-bit. Empty Windows 10 benchmark screenshots will also be shown on our MOP page.
Please note: When comparing our results to those of other review sites, look at page 10 Maxed Out Performance-Windows 10 which is done with the disk empty.
Benchmark screenshots will be shown 400GB model first followed by the 800GB model.
In choosing our test pool, we selected drives with MLC flash arrays and similar capacity points.
Corsair SSD Toolbox
Corsair's SSD Toolbox is fully compatible with the NX500 Series. The toolbox makes drive maintenance and OS Migration (Disk Cloning) simple and easy to understand.
Drive information tells us what firmware is on the drive and the drive's temperature, which is a cool 39°C. You can easily update the drive's firmware with a couple of clicks.
The drive's S.M.A.R.T. status can be read from the S.M.A.R.T. Status tab.
From here, you can easily clone the NX500. The optimize tab will TRIM the drive if you are running Windows 7. For Windows 8.1 and 10 this feature is handled by the OS.
And last, but not least, you can Secure Wipe your NX500 SSD from the Secure Wipe Tab. The Secure Wipe will take 5-10 minutes to complete depending on the drive's capacity because each sector is completely wiped.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup, Drive Properties & SSD Toolbox]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (OS) - Vantage, PCMark 7, PCMark 8 & SYSmark 2014 SE]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]