Corsair Neutron NX500 AIC PCIe NVMe SSD
Both the 400GB and 800GB models are physically identical and have identical performance specifications, so we are only showing the 400GB model in detail.
As is common for Corsair, the packaging is a work of art. The pictures and some of the text are raised and embossed. The packaging is black and yellow themed. This side of the packaging features a picture of the enclosed SSD, advertises the drive's capacity, interface and lists various factory performance specifications.
The back of the packaging lists a bit of pertinent information about the physical size of the enclosed SSD and the effectiveness of its heat sink. The included optional low-profile bracket is also advertised here.
Inside of the colorful outer packaging is a heavy-duty black flip-top cardboard box that is also handsomely decorated.
The heat sink side of the SSD is accented by an attractive carbon-fiber pattern. The drive's solid aluminum heat sink is finned for maximum thermal dissipation.
The back half of the drive's full-length PCB is covered by a sturdy metal back-plate that attaches to the heat sink on the opposite side with six screws; one of which is covered with a tamper resistant label. Removing the label will void the warranty.
Removing the heat sink and back-plate reveals the drive's dark blue full-length PCB.
This side of the PCB houses the drive's Phison E7 controller, four Toshiba 15nm MLC flash packages and a 512MB Nanya DDR3 1600MHz DRAM cache package.
This side of the PCB houses an additional four Toshiba 15nm MLC flash packages and another 512MB Nanya DDR3 1600MHz DRAM cache package.
A close-in view of the drive's Phison E7 controller.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup, Drive Properties & SSD Toolbox]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (OS) - Vantage, PCMark 7, PCMark 8 & SYSmark 2014 SE]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 15 million Switch consoles in FY2017
- Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima to step down
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit